Dog attack and who saved the flock **Graphic PICS** He didn't make it

Oh my goodness!! I sure hope he makes it. I had a little RIR that looked like that after my neighbors dog got it and he survived even with the puncture wounds. My BR lost half of his tail and was fine. It seems like these birds have a strong will to live.

Please keep us updated on your little hero.

I don't wish bad on the dog I just hope it stays in it's own yard. I mean if for some reason my dog wandered off and did something like that I would feel bad and not want them to kill my dog on the first offense. If he was a repeat offender I could understand taking actions into your own hands. Gobbles was so scared and didn't want to come to us he kept running away so we had to chase him down and grab him. I was afraid he would go into the coop and get picked on by the survivors. They had no problem trying to eat the causalities. He was on a high then because when we came home he had completely crashed and was barely moving at all I couldn't even get him to drink. I just went down to check on him and he did drink a lot on his own.

Last edited:
ep.gif
That poor fella!! I hope he recovers alright. What a good Turkey. He looks soooooo sad and sleepy in those photos. Dang dog!! Sp sorry for your loss.

Oh, my... that is so sad. I'm so, so sorry. Those pictures are just heart wrenching. You should really show the neighbors those pictures. Anymore, I can just not stand people that let their dogs run loose. I literally have zero respect anymore for people that do it. There are a certain percentage of people that use living in the country as an excuse for letting their dogs go anywhere and everywhere they please. I just don't "get" people. We have been out looking at houses the last two months and have twice now went to houses where we couldn't even get out of our cars for the neighbor's dogs snarling and snapping at us.

I'm so sorry you lost birds. I hope your guy pulls through. Again, I would show them those pictures and make them feel about an inch tall.

Well, what a great bird gobbles is, and I feel so bad that you lost all those birds. Hopefully the dog's owner will be responsible for keeping their dog on their property and no one else's. It's a shame people have to be bad dog owners.

hugs.gif
to you and Gobbles. He is such a brave boy, I hope he recovers quickly and completely. I am sorry you lost so many chickens and a turkey. Hope all the ones left are ok. When Gobbles is feeling better give him some nice treats.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom