Dog attack help

I would wait, collect about ten days' worth of eggs, and then put them all in at the same time. Don't want to do a staggered hatch if you can avoid it. Have you incubated before?
I never did these were my two first ducks I bought. I really need to make this work because she only has two weeks of his eggs. Thanks

I am so sorry to hear of the attack and his death, you really did all that you could, I understand that you might feel the way you do but really, it wasn't your fault, you did all that you could. Hang in there, try to hatch out those eggs and remember him with all the love you have. :hugs
Thank you that means a lot

I came to your page after I saw your comment ❤️ Your baby Donald looked like my Pekin who thought he was one of my doggies, his name was babe. He was the only baby I found after I got home one evening and found them missing. I got to bury him in my yard and that helped because his girlfriend Q was nowhere to be found. I had a male mallard too, he was the only one who could fly and one night something got into our yard, stole eggs and seemed to have opened the hutch. I’m prayif he flew away and found some geese or ducks to help teach him the ways of the world. I looked for him for a month but it was literally a wild “duck” chase. I attached a photo of my two who recently got taken from me walking around with one of my pups while he was sun bathing ❤️ Always remember the good memories and I did some research and if you hadn’t raised him like that and given him so much love he could have been used as a meal very early on in his life. For some reason reading that comforted me more also. Knowing that even though nature took my baby I did my best to give them the happiest life ever.

Attachments

• FB24CDFB-799C-4400-BCC3-EA9B807F87C7.jpeg
    FB24CDFB-799C-4400-BCC3-EA9B807F87C7.jpeg
    937.3 KB · Views: 3
I came to your page after I saw your comment ❤️ Your baby Donald looked like my Pekin who thought he was one of my doggies, his name was babe. He was the only baby I found after I got home one evening and found them missing. I got to bury him in my yard and that helped because his girlfriend Q was nowhere to be found. I had a male mallard too, he was the only one who could fly and one night something got into our yard, stole eggs and seemed to have opened the hutch. I’m prayif he flew away and found some geese or ducks to help teach him the ways of the world. I looked for him for a month but it was literally a wild “duck” chase. I attached a photo of my two who recently got taken from me walking around with one of my pups while he was sun bathing ❤️ Always remember the good memories and I did some research and if you hadn’t raised him like that and given him so much love he could have been used as a meal very early on in his life. For some reason reading that comforted me more also. Knowing that even though nature took my baby I did my best to give them the happiest life ever.
Wow thank you for saying this -this is making me happy and cry for so many reasons. I am so sorry for your loss again. Aw your babies were adorable and look so happy. Let me just say this feels like a parellel universe because we had a trio too with a male mallard. I’m attaching a picture. We actually started with four ducklings but the female mallard flew away after only four months. Well the two mallards did but long story short of searching and calling he came back! But she didn’t. So for the next year and a half or so we had our trio and they were the best. They Free ranged all day and when I called them my mallard would come running like a kid and the two chunky Pekins would be waddling behind him it was the absolute best. But last April out of nowhere my mallard dissapeared. The week prior he was attacking my feet more and more aggressive so I’m telling myself he flew away to find a mate and I am so sure yours flew away And Is safe as well. So the last year it was just my pair and I thought I’d have them for years so it just really stinks. But your absolutely right they would’ve been worse off for sure and we do need to remember the happy times. Last night I watched a ton of videos I’ve taken lol I realized I took a crazy amount of pics and videos which I’m so relieved baecasue I didn’t remember half the goofy things they did. I am so happy you have 5 eggs going strong!! I can’t wait to see pics of them hatching!

Attachments

• D5A917B2-EF6B-4188-8C2E-799709D922F7.png
    D5A917B2-EF6B-4188-8C2E-799709D922F7.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Oh my goodness they’re so cute!!! I also have an obscene about of videos and photos and one of my favorite things was filling up their kiddie pool in the morning and watching how they drank out of it and looked so silly. We were in the exact same position it seems, it’s crazy! same timing and everything. I thought they were so tough after they survived this winter. I even brought them in and let them stay in my bathtub some days / nights when it was bitter cold. Definitely lucky little babies we had. And they had a much fuller life even if it was heartbreaking for it to end

Ducks Have been force fed for hundreds of years to make them gain weight. Just grab the head force the mouth open and straighten the neck. Force fed ducks are force feed using funnels . The point I'm making with the neck extended there not going to choke when force fed for medical reasons. You can even force feed down there throat using your index finger. I think there maybe are even you tube videos of ducks being force fed using funnels. Lots of people hate that part of the duck meat industry though and boycott such places .

The French call force fed ducks I think it's spelled foie gras and I think there a lot of videos on it or there use to be in YouTube. After you watch them you won't be nervous about force feeding for much better reasons.

Back
Top Bottom