Dog Attack - New momma with 3 day old babies

cnj-tx50

Songster
10 Years
Jun 19, 2009
North of Dallas, TX
My next door neighbors dogs got under our fence yesterday afternoon and got one baby and I guess the momma went after them - they are little yorkies - and kept after them flying the fence into their yard where they attacked her. There was no blood lots of feathers and raw skin but no punctures. She is having problems with her foot no pressure on it and not putting it in front of her. Put her into a cat crate last night where she laid on her side breathing slowly and eyes closed. I had the babies in with another momma but her chicks are a week old and she did not want them although they did sleep with her. This morning momma was sitting up and looked up at me. I gave her water and made a large cage for her outside under a shade tree. I moved the babies back in with her this afternoon and all seemed so happy. Chicks went right under her and she raised her wing for them. My question is I did put Neo on her last night for the raw spots and I could feel nothing broken. I am hoping that in a few days she will be stronger. Should I continue with the Neo and will it hurt the babies? These places are all over her. Lots and lots of missing feathers. She is eating and tending to the babies so I am hoping that I am not adding stress to her. Any ideas would be great! I really dislike those little dogs!

It seems like we've been reading a lot about dog attacks lately... How can people be so irresponsible with their pets. Yesterday, a lady lost her entire flock...she killed the dog that did it. You hate to resort to that, but what else do you do?

Well, all 22 of my babies last year where killed by dogs so I spent this winter making sure the fences were high enough, building a fence aroun the baby yard with netting on top, and securing the fence at the bottom on our side. Yesterday I told them that they had to secure their dogs or next time they were in my yard I would consider them my dogs and do with them as I wished!

Back
Top Bottom