Dog bite turned green

I'm no vet, but I believe as long as you do not see any puss, or notice a foul odor, I would be inclined to continue keeping the wound clean and anti biotic applied, cleaning the wound each day and reapplying antibiotic dressing, and keep an eye on her for a few days to see how she's doing.
Thankyou for replying ♥️
I will do the same
Just I'm so worried for her n always looking for advices from the experts.

Thankyou for replying ♥️
I will do the same
Just I'm so worried for her n always looking for advices from the experts.
While most of us are by no means experts, many of us have the expirence of raising chickens as well as other barnyard friends. Over time, and with the help of other members here on BYC we've learned how to become skilled at identifying and treating wounds/health issue's 🚑

While most of us are by no means experts, many of us have the expirence of raising chickens as well as other barnyard friends. Over time, and with the help of other members here on BYC we've learned how to become skilled at identifying and treating wounds/health issue's 🚑
It's such a relief ♥️
Can you tell me about Amoxicillin dosage for my baby?

Hi Laddu. I haven't had to use an antibiotic in my flock for a few years now, and as a preventative measure I use Collidal Silver in their drinking water. So I'm not up to date on proper doseage. I'd like to refer you to member "eggcessive" post as she is current on doseage. You can find her post under her user name: eggcessive or I believe this is the page where her post is: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/amoxicillin-dosage.1497999/

Dosage of amoxicillin is 125mg to 250mg given orally twice a day for 10 days. The weight dosage is 57 mg per pound or close.

Back
Top Bottom