Pics
ROAD TRIP!!! :thumbsup

:lau maybe! Thinking those BC sound good too and they’re near my grandparents in western PA :)

I’m still torn between herding dog or retriever. :lau

Or something totally wild and random like a poodle or small dog :lau

Think herding dog or retriever is probably best though but I am nervous as I have had no personal experience with herding dogs.

Do you work your dogs or do sports or anything? How are they in the house?

I’m so worried they’ll be go go go all the time and have no off switch or not be able to have off days or whatever :lau :oops:

I know a lot of that probably comes down to training but still.

:lau maybe! Thinking those BC sound good too and they’re near my grandparents in western PA :)

I’m still torn between herding dog or retriever. :lau

Or something totally wild and random like a poodle or small dog :lau

Think herding dog or retriever is probably best though but I am nervous as I have had no personal experience with herding dogs.

Do you work your dogs or do sports or anything? How are they in the house?

I’m so worried they’ll be go go go all the time and have no off switch or not be able to have off days or whatever :lau :oops:

I know a lot of that probably comes down to training but still.
Trip is
Copper Hills Joy In The Journey....he has earned titles in obedience, f(BN CD) rally, (RN, RE, RA) agility,(NA, NAJ, OA, OAJ, AX) trick dog, (TKN, TKE, TKA) as well as his CGCA and being a registered therapy dog. We tent camp, hike and stay busy!!
Cheer is Cedar Make A Joyful Noise....her strength and joy is agility. She has completed Novice, Open, Excellent, and Masters (JWW and STD)....and is accumulating QQ for her MACH.
Gauge is only two....we've done trick dog work and I will do scent work with him. He's a great trail dog too. So yes....to be happy, well-adjusted dogs they need mental stimulation. Many people think they can get a herding dog and fence in the back yard and that's that. It doesn't work. The dog needs his/her mind engaged in problem solving....games, impulse control exercises, etc. If that is done...and training is positive....the sky is the limit.

Trip is
Copper Hills Joy In The Journey....he has earned titles in obedience, f(BN CD) rally, (RN, RE, RA) agility,(NA, NAJ, OA, OAJ, AX) trick dog, (TKN, TKE, TKA) as well as his CGCA and being a registered therapy dog. We tent camp, hike and stay busy!!
Cheer is Cedar Make A Joyful Noise....her strength and joy is agility. She has completed Novice, Open, Excellent, and Masters (JWW and STD)....and is accumulating QQ for her MACH.
Gauge is only two....we've done trick dog work and I will do scent work with him. He's a great trail dog too. So yes....to be happy, well-adjusted dogs they need mental stimulation. Many people think they can get a herding dog and fence in the back yard and that's that. It doesn't work. The dog needs his/her mind engaged in problem solving....games, impulse control exercises, etc. If that is done...and training is positive....the sky is the limit.
Oh...Gauge is Cedar Beyond Measure :)

Back
Top Bottom