Pics
Trip is
Copper Hills Joy In The Journey....he has earned titles in obedience, f(BN CD) rally, (RN, RE, RA) agility,(NA, NAJ, OA, OAJ, AX) trick dog, (TKN, TKE, TKA) as well as his CGCA and being a registered therapy dog. We tent camp, hike and stay busy!!
Cheer is Cedar Make A Joyful Noise....her strength and joy is agility. She has completed Novice, Open, Excellent, and Masters (JWW and STD)....and is accumulating QQ for her MACH.
Gauge is only two....we've done trick dog work and I will do scent work with him. He's a great trail dog too. So yes....to be happy, well-adjusted dogs they need mental stimulation. Many people think they can get a herding dog and fence in the back yard and that's that. It doesn't work. The dog needs his/her mind engaged in problem solving....games, impulse control exercises, etc. If that is done...and training is positive....the sky is the limit.
Oh and Cheer and I did three years of herding lessons.....she only got a PT....but it was the most fun I ever had! Just got too expensive.

Oh wow @Building Bridges you have done tons of stuff with your dogs!! I think I am jealous haha I hope to get there one day. :)

And also :goodpost: I agree and actually love teaching all that stuff when I had mine and even do it to other dogs I interact with/watch so I hope I will be fine :lau

I love interacting with and training and playing with my dogs and could never just stick them outside. Unless it’s just quick to go potty or something haha

But even then I usually try to walk or train or something too.

At least I did when I had my dog.

I think a herding breed would be a good fit because I love training and everything and I know they could go far but I also know a lot of dogs could with the right training but herding breeds just seem built for it haha

I just worry if I ever need to take a day off or something that they wouldn’t be able to handle it.

Not that I would but you never know.

The best thing about dogs is they don't know what breed they are or what size either. All they know is they are dogs and need guidelines and great homes! They don't give two craps if they win a ribbon! They want to fit into a pack. :hugs
I love all dogs..:wee

Very true! Although they are nice haha Dogs are great. :love

Definitely I've had so many over the years of different breeds and at the end of the day they were all dogs with special abilities to live within my pack of dogs..:thumbsup
I agree....I've had 18 dogs over the years...many breeds and mixed breeds. I really believe a dog comes to you at the proper time to teach you something whether it is about training...or about yourself....or about life.

I agree....I've had 18 dogs over the years...many breeds and mixed breeds. I really believe a dog comes to you at the proper time to teach you something whether it is about training...or about yourself....or about life.
Definitely :thumbsup
I always say all dogs have a purpose and if you like showing it's your choice but many people have pets that are just or more amazing than anyone else's dog..:hugs
Purebred mean nothing to me! I love all dogs because all dogs give inorder to receive..:hugs

Back
Top Bottom