Dog eating chicken poo?

I think my dogs get plenty of protein....TOTW is 32% protein. I just think they like the taste, personally.
sickbyc.gif

My dog eats it too. Then she runs over to me for a kiss.
sickbyc.gif
Yeah right! :rolleyes
The least thing my dog needs is protein. She already has enough energy to last her a lifetime!

I'm glad to hear I don't have the only gross dog. And since you all seem not to be worried about it, then I'm not going to stress about it either
smile.png

Quote:
you've heard how some canabalistic cultures eat part of their enemy to absorb their strength... well I think it's the same with dogs... sort of the doggie version of Know Thy Enemy at the instinctual level.

of course, my LGDs are supposed to *guard* these animals... but I've found the first thing they do when I'm introducing a new species is find some of it's poop to eat. then they go try to sniff it, particularly the back end.
roll.png

My Annie does that. I thought she was after the chickens when I first let her with them. I opened the cool and she started running in. She ignored the chickens and started depooping the run.

She will also smell and go for the fresh stuff. She has liken their bottoms a little lol.

My dog also eats Taste of The Wild dog food so she is getting high protein.. my dog has an acquired taste for all things chicken.. she loves poop and feed! scarfs it down.. disgusting.. anyway she just had her annual vet appointment and according to the stool sample I took the vet actually asked if she is eating things like poop because she had worms (eggs to be exact) that weren't common dog worms.. she has not had worms ever in her life so I told him chicken poop for sure and probably deer poop from the woods..he said to keep an eye on her.. common but gave her these industrial horse sized wormer pills that I got her to take with some peanut butter bread and hopefully do the trick and from now on no more barn access where she can eat chicken poop! So be advised of this.. chicken poop or any poop eating is not a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom