Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
And here in crazy n IL big problems if you get caught shooting your own dog, much less somebody else's. Guy went to jail for animal cruelty for shooting his sick dog. Vet said it needed to be put down and he couldn't afford it.
Most people on this thread don't seem to know that animal cruelty laws are federal now. I lived in AR, right by the MO border and while it might have been hard to find a state officer who'd help you press charges, it's far from impossible, and then you won't be keeping chickens, dogs, or even a hamster for the rest of your life.

If you don't think so, it's only because you're not thinking, you're reacting. To people like that, your chickens are YOUR problem, it's only when they have to deal with something that it becomes THEIR problem, and yeah, their dog looking like a circus clown and rubbing that dye all over their house is, in fact, THEIR problem.
The dog getting hurt, grounds to press charges - you won't be keeping chickens after an animal cruelty charge, so that's one way to solve the problem, I guess. The dog killed, not an ongoing problem, just an excuse to go nuclear.

And you've clearly never used a motion activated sprinkler. It has a short little feeder hose. Put some gel food coloring in there and hook it back up, thirty seconds.

And don't act like dogs are the only thing out there. If dogs can kill your chickens., so can everything else on earth. Animal owners need to keep their animals safe, and that means fence, regardless of the predator. Land owners who keep livestock, need fence.
Lol, ok.
Read what I posted. Did I say motion sprinkler system was complicated? Nope. I said it was a unnecessary expense that the OP should not have to purchase.
Yes there's other predators out there that we need to protect our livestock from. The difference is wild predators are not owned by a individual's. And there's laws letting livestock owners shoot predators, as there's laws out there that let the same livestock owners shoot a dog that by law is supposed to be under the owners control if it's killing ones livestock.

I believe we need a mic drop emoji. Sure would fit perfectly about now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom