Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
While I hate the idea of killing a dog, you absolutely have the right to protect your own animals. Im sure its been said elsewhere in this thread. Its the owners responsibility to keep their dogs on their own property. Theyre absolutely negligent.
In this state, unless local ordinances say otherwise, there are no restrictions on the movement of dogs unless their activities result in property damage. Then the owners have responsibility. My emphasis currently is demonstrating damage has been done and is likely to happen again if dogs come back over.

In this state, unless local ordinances say otherwise, there are no restrictions on the movement of dogs unless their activities result in property damage. Then the owners have responsibility. My emphasis currently is demonstrating damage has been done and is likely to happen again if dogs come back over.
The legal responsibilities didn't even come to mind, tbh. I think any animal owner has a moral responsibility to provide and protect them though. With that many dogs with high prey drives near by I'm surprised you haven't shot more actually.

I just saw a dog run through contested area as son and I worked on fence. Honey chased it a bit staying on our side of fence. I'm not certain who own its. Dog small and black with short coat. We may have encountered it before, but tangled with so many dogs it is hard to keep track.
This one doesn't sound familiar to any you've mentioned before

The legal responsibilities didn't even come to mind, tbh. I think any animal owner has a moral responsibility to provide and protect them though. With that many dogs with high prey drives near by I'm surprised you haven't shot more actually.
He's been very patient and trying to not be forced to and his own dogs very good at at least keeping the pack from progressing most times.

He's been very patient and trying to not be forced to and his own dogs very good at at least keeping the pack from progressing most times.
That's pretty admirable. Many people can be quite the opposite (at least talk that way). I remember telling someone that I kept my flock locked up after seeing a dog in my driveway right before leaving for work. The response was to shoot it. It literally just stood there and left.

I was about to shoot more dogs when I went back to barn after shooting the first, so was very close to killing several. The dog owner repeatedly apologized during each prior dog incursion promising to pen dogs up. Owing to continued repetition and finally the attack, I decided to act.

Below is another message from him that followed the same pattern. Message was sent yesterday well after event resulting in death of dog.

"I left my number with you and you texted me to exchange contact on Nov 6 so that if there were any problems you could let me know. I wish you would have texted or called to let me know they were being a problem"

He expected me to call him to only safely retrieve dogs during / after they attacked the chickens. I have dealt with similar "kicking the can down the road" approaches with others. It appears to be fairly common.

This one doesn't sound familiar to any you've mentioned before
I think I seen it, but it is not a major player when considering actions of Huskies and Pit Bulls. There was a little mop dog of some sort that appears normally in the house that I have seen only twice as well. A second Pit Bull (female) has only been seen a couple times and she has been more aggressive than the male. The second Pit Bull belongs to another neighbor that is also proving to be a problem and a little less honest to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom