Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
He expected me to call him to only safely retrieve dogs during / after they attacked the chickens.

I do not know if this would be safe, or even if it would be possible in your area, but maybe live-trap the dogs on your property and take them to the animal shelter? Some shelters charge money before owners are allowed to retrieve their dogs, and any shelter would require the owner to go there to get the dogs back. If the dog is not licensed or vaccinated, the owner might have to pay for that too (depends on the shelter, and the local laws). It might cause the owner enough inconvenience to make them keep their dogs penned up, or they might decide it's not worth paying to get the dogs back.

(Of course this does not work if your area has no animal shelter, or if you cannot safely deal with the dogs, and it would probably take more of your time than shooting the dogs.)

Trapping dogs is time consuming and risky. The dogs can't stay in cages indefinitely. At some point they have to get out and poop and pee.They also have to be fed and watered. The dogs owner could claim you've done something to their dog to retaliate while it was in your care too.

Trapping dogs is time consuming and risky. The dogs can't stay in cages indefinitely. At some point they have to get out and poop and pee.They also have to be fed and watered. The dogs owner could claim you've done something to their dog to retaliate while it was in your care too.
No, you wouldn't keep them there. You'd call Animal Control or the sheriff to come get them. Hmm. Could they be considered evidence of some sort? 🤔 Have charges been brought against anybody? Is there any kind of official investigation going on? Not yet, I guess...

No, you wouldn't keep them there. You'd call Animal Control or the sheriff to come get them. Hmm. Could they be considered evidence of some sort? 🤔 Have charges been brought against anybody? Is there any kind of official investigation going on? Not yet, I guess...
Edited: There was one I was following but haven't seen any of his posts for a while.After he shot a dog and it didn't die the people filed charges against him (animal abuse) The dog was placed in emergency care and thats all I know.He quit posting in early October.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who's trapped a dog that ran in a pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom