Dog is back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Once again, if you "forget" some dark chocolate outside and the dog eats that, it is not your fault. Nobody can blame you or sue you for that - if it can even be proven.
The dog won't die (unless you forget ½lbs of chocolate products outside) but it will become seriously sick. It will urinate, poop and pee all over the owner's place and they will have to clean that up. If that happens frequently they may figure out that their dog is eating something bad on its trips around the town and lock it down in their own interest.

While living in Houston we had a mid-sized dog from one of the neighbors frequently jumping the fences and roaming the back-yards. We didn't had any animals there, but waling around the corner of your house and suddenly encounter a growling dog in your own backyard makes your hair raise for sure. Let alone the left-behinds on our back porch, gnawed on furniture, etc.
As i got older i became so much more forgetful and one day i overheart a conversation of the dog's owner with another neighbor, complaining that »doggie« again had pooped all over their backyard furniture and that they had enough and would lock it down.
End of story.

That's a good thought...since the owner would have to pay to get the dog back. Maybe hitting them in the wallet would spark them to do something.

If I was in the OP's situation with not being able to put up an electric fence and knowing the neighbors aren't going to control their dog, I would shoot the darn thing. I have a zero tolerance policy for neighbor's BS.
I agree I would shoot or get rid of the dog as well. It's not going to stop and will continue to be an irritating factor or your daily life. When I had dog problems I couldn't sleep, leave, or eat without running outside to see why all my birds were sounding the alarm. It's so frustrating to see who comes back after they run and hide from the dogs and who survives. One of my roosters has been attacked 3 times I don't think he will survive a 4th time it would be to much even tho he is healthy and recovered. Animal control in my county doesn't care they offer to set a trap in my yard for a fee. When I call them about a problem they show up a say or 2 later by then the animal is long gone or already killed everything. My chickens ventured one day and the neighbor had the nerve to complain because they foraged in their yard yet their dogs would run free terrorizing my flock and dragging out garbage and taking things off my porch. The last neighbor to give me trouble let his dogs out to chase my chickens away from the fence line when they were just there foraging and walking near the fence. Neighbors with dogs are the worst if they are the inconsiderate type.

Honestly, I just want them to keep their dog where it belongs. I don't want to deal with a court case, or have this spiral out of control. I am not into drama...just want to live my life, have my chickens, and be left alone.

I get it. I'm the same way. We're just giving you some options is all. I think a court case is not at all necessary at this point. A friendly letter would probably be your best route.

I know how frustrating this situation is for you. I almost reached the point of writing a letter last year, but things fortunately turned around and the dog no longer bothered my chickens.

I agree I would shoot or get rid of the dog as well. It's not going to stop and will continue to be an irritating factor or your daily life.

dragging out garbage and taking things off my porch. The last neighbor to give me trouble let his dogs out to chase my chickens away from the fence line when they were just there foraging and walking near the fence. Neighbors with dogs are the worst if they are the inconsiderate type.
I would be perfectly OK, if they drag out chocolate from my garbage and steal my chocolate from my porch. Cleaning up your dog's dog-diarrhea is such a fun chore…

The neighbor's dog came back again today. I had posted about a month ago that he broke into our run and killed one of our chickens. We reinforced the run, and this time he wasn't able to break in, but he kept throwing himself against the run, then the coop. We found out we can't put up an electric fence, per the HOA.

What does your HOA say about letting 100+pound dogs run loose and killing the neighbors' pets? Get video of him throwing himself against the fence ... and send it to every member of the HOA Board of Directors. You could even show up at the next meeting with a laptop & show it to everyone there. Then file a formal grievance with the HOA. My guess is that the video will solve your problem ... and maybe save pain and suffering for a small dog or, Heaven-forbid, a child, in the not-too-distant future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom