DOG PROBLEMS!! HELP

"i will try working her in obedience again. also she learned how to open doors and gate :( "

Holy hair on a hamster, you're dog is like Houdini

Invisible fence ! It's not that expensive and works the best. I have a English bulldog that would not stay home. I put the invisible fence down and after two weeks he knew how far he could go. I took it off him about a month later and he hasn't left the yard since. That was 6 years ago.

"i will try working her in obedience again. also she learned how to open doors and gate
sad.png
"

Holy hair on a hamster, you're dog is like Houdini

I know. It gets annoying. at our old house we had a wood pile leaning on our fence. and it was very steep. she walk up it like it was the easiest thing in the world. then when we moved it she would climb or 3ft gate and get out. Her sister would just hop it. Her sister is now the agility dog

Personally I'd put her on a chain spot when you're not there to supervise. A good, proper chain spot where she has access to shelter and shade, as well as water, and can't get tangled up on something. Invisible fences fail, often dogs ignore them, and other dogs become permanently terrified of their yard where they got shocked. Contrary to popular belief, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a good chain spot setup, so long as she gets to come off the chain and run, get interaction, etc. It's the safest way to keep her from getting out and getting into trouble.

Personally I'd put her on a chain spot when you're not there to supervise. A good, proper chain spot where she has access to shelter and shade, as well as water, and can't get tangled up on something. Invisible fences fail, often dogs ignore them, and other dogs become permanently terrified of their yard where they got shocked. Contrary to popular belief, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a good chain spot setup, so long as she gets to come off the chain and run, get interaction, etc. It's the safest way to keep her from getting out and getting into trouble.

i have tried that but she will dig up the stake and then it drags behind her, she freaks out and get tangled.

I know. It gets annoying. at our old house we had a wood pile leaning on our fence. and it was very steep. she walk up it like it was the easiest thing in the world. then when we moved it she would climb or 3ft gate and get out. Her sister would just hop it. Her sister is now the agility dog

I had two chocolate labs growing up we went to Lake Meed on vacation and took them with us they were a few months old, we set up camp in a cove and that evening we had big horn sheep come close to our camp my pups seen them and tore after them wanting to play. We stayed there for about a month almost every day they would go explore and search for those sheep, when we got home we couldnt keep them from climbing up trees, or 6 foot wood fence, getting ontop of our house, if it was climable they were on it but they never left the yard unless they were with me. Now as a man I have a GSP and when he got about 4 months old oh my lord he was a handfull but after intense ibedience training he calmed down and is well manored. Remember labs are hunting dogs they have that drive to go and field birds they need alot of mental stimulation and games to keep them on the strait and narrow. Have you tried retriever training if not you should it will calm her down and keep her obedient.

I had two chocolate labs growing up we went to Lake Meed on vacation and took them with us they were a few months old, we set up camp in a cove and that evening we had big horn sheep come close to our camp my pups seen them and tore after them wanting to play. We stayed there for about a month almost every day they would go explore and search for those sheep, when we got home we couldnt keep them from climbing up trees, or 6 foot wood fence, getting ontop of our house, if it was climable they were on it but they never left the yard unless they were with me. Now as a man I have a GSP and when he got about 4 months old oh my lord he was a handfull but after intense ibedience training he calmed down and is well manored. Remember labs are hunting dogs they have that drive to go and field birds they need alot of mental stimulation and games to keep them on the strait and narrow. Have you tried retriever training if not you should it will calm her down and keep her obedient.

when i play fetch, she will come up with the ball and right before i grab it she takes off running

when i play fetch, she will come up with the ball and right before i grab it she takes off running

No disrespect but that is lack of obedience training a well trained dog will bring the ball to you go to the heal position and drop the ball at your feet. You dont want to grab it from her you want her to drop it at your feet, did you do the obedience training or did you have it done? As I mentioned you should invest in some retriever training it will help her be a better dog and you a better owner. I read one of your earlier posts but forgot to coment on it, you said that she is the alpha female thats one big mistake that alit of people make, she should not be the alpha that is your role, you should be the pack leader that could also be why she thinks she can get away with whatever she wants you need to reclaim your roll as pack leader and put her in her place or she will never learn right from wrong. Just my opinion and how I handle my dogs it comes from experience so please dont get offended if I sound sturn with you.

No disrespect but that is lack of obedience training a well trained dog will bring the ball to you go to the heal position and drop the ball at your feet. You dont want to grab it from her you want her to drop it at your feet, did you do the obedience training or did you have it done? As I mentioned you should invest in some retriever training it will help her be a better dog and you a better owner. I read one of your earlier posts but forgot to coment on it, you said that she is the alpha female thats one big mistake that alit of people make, she should not be the alpha that is your role, you should be the pack leader that could also be why she thinks she can get away with whatever she wants you need to reclaim your roll as pack leader and put her in her place or she will never learn right from wrong. Just my opinion and how I handle my dogs it comes from experience so please dont get offended if I sound sturn with you.

I am viewed by my dogs as the alpha male and she is under me. I literately have to wrestle her for her submission, but i always win. i will look in to retriever training but since no one hunts in my family it wouldn't really be practiced much

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom