I have shown Llasa Apsos, Chihuahuas, Miniature Pinschers, and a Black &Tan Coon hound (in ring a few days after knee surgery even though that was a big no no) The owner (family member) wanted to throw the points to his friend's dog. Knowing there was no way I could run the dog they thought the judge would give it to the other dog. Didn't happen :lau judge put me up. Judge said to me as he handed me the ribbon, you need to run, I said I can't just had knee surgery. He said well he is a beautiful dog. Let me tell you that family member was poed at me. Wasn't the first time. At least I had my car & lived in the town the show was at.
At 12 I beat the family member with their own dog against their own dog, left me 150 miles from home. :eek:Thank Goodness my Grandfather lived near by had come to the show and he took me home. Never went out of town to show with them again...

I have shown Llasa Apsos, Chihuahuas, Miniature Pinschers, and a Black &Tan Coon hound (in ring a few days after knee surgery even though that was a big no no) The owner (family member) wanted to throw the points to his friend's dog. Knowing there was no way I could run the dog they thought the judge would give it to the other dog. Didn't happen :lau judge put me up. Judge said to me as he handed me the ribbon, you need to run, I said I can't just had knee surgery. He said well he is a beautiful dog. Let me tell you that family member was poed at me. Wasn't the first time. At least I had my car & lived in the town the show was at.
At 12 I beat the family member with their own dog against their own dog, left me 150 miles from home. :eek:Thank Goodness my Grandfather lived near by had come to the show and he took me home. Never went out of town to show with them again...

wow that family member sounds like a bit of a sore loser aha not to mention a little irresponsible leaving a 12 year old alone, especially that far from home!

wow that family member sounds like a bit of a sore loser aha not to mention a little irresponsible leaving a 12 year old alone, especially that far from home!
Oh most definitely a sore loser, Definitely not responsible at 19. Lucky for me, mom had called Grandpa told him I was going to be at the show (30 miles from his house), and who I was with. He told her he was going to the show and make sure I was okay. He was there before the gate opened and them do an announcement for me to go to the gate. He wasn't happy with the outfit I was wearing in the ring (was called a sizzler, a mini dress with matching panties). But I told him it was no different than the cheerleading uniform. My aunt who was 16 at the time was with him and she agreed with me. He was beat by a pre-teen and a teen...:gig

Dog Shows are too political, have been for years. It's more about who is on the end of the lead (handler). Not cheap at all.
As for these designer dog. Please...they are mixed mutts. Loveable mutts, not worth the high price that is being put on them. I will not pay those prices. I can remember people not able to give mixes away.
I have 3 rescue Chihuahuas. Adopted a 9 year old (will be 13 in Jan), 3 year old (now 5) and a pup near death from coccidia, (now 4). Adoption fee less than $200 for the senior and the pup. The 3 year old was given to us by a Co worker of hubbys. Her dog was bullying her and wouldn't let her eat. She knows I love Chihuahuas and asked if we could/would take her. Hubby asked me and I said yes. She is my velcro, senior is my shadow. The youngest jumps between me & hubby, but prefers me. They are my bed warmers.

Oh most definitely a sore loser, Definitely not responsible at 19. Lucky for me, mom had called Grandpa told him I was going to be at the show (30 miles from his house), and who I was with. He told her he was going to the show and make sure I was okay. He was there before the gate opened and them do an announcement for me to go to the gate. He wasn't happy with the outfit I was wearing in the ring (was called a sizzler, a mini dress with matching panties). But I told him it was no different than the cheerleading uniform. My aunt who was 16 at the time was with him and she agreed with me. He was beat by a pre-teen and a teen...:gig

Wow luckily your grandpa was there!! Did the family member get in trouble! Was he maybe your brother? And wow your aunt was young.

Dog Shows are too political, have been for years. It's more about who is on the end of the lead (handler). Not cheap at all.
As for these designer dog. Please...they are mixed mutts. Loveable mutts, not worth the high price that is being put on them. I will not pay those prices. I can remember people not able to give mixes away.
I have 3 rescue Chihuahuas. Adopted a 9 year old (will be 13 in Jan), 3 year old (now 5) and a pup near death from coccidia, (now 4). Adoption fee less than $200 for the senior and the pup. The 3 year old was given to us by a Co worker of hubbys. Her dog was bullying her and wouldn't let her eat. She knows I love Chihuahuas and asked if we could/would take her. Hubby asked me and I said yes. She is my velcro, senior is my shadow. The youngest jumps between me & hubby, but prefers me. They are my bed warmers.

Yeah, it’s too bad, I feel like the politics kinda ruin it.

And yeah, exactly! Would never pay that much for a mutt. Especially when it’s probably going to wind up with health issues.

And awww that’s awesome you rescued them!! They sound great.

Lol! I like it—bed warmers.
I used to say my uncles dog(beagle mix) was my tablecloth because she always sat on me lap when I was eating or reading.

Lol nice.

Wow luckily your grandpa was there!! Did the family member get in trouble! Was he maybe your brother? And wow your aunt was young.

No not brother, was uncle ( 19 at the time). He didn't get into any trouble. Later in years I was told that my grandfather told his ex (grandmother ) that if I was ever allowed to go to a dog show out of town with him, that he was going to take me away from my mom.
Mainly grew up with aunts and uncles. Uncle and a aunt (grandmother's son and grandfather's daughter) 7 years older, aunt 4 years older than me. Then my father's brother is 2 years younger than me. Dad was a only child until he was 23.

No not brother, was uncle ( 19 at the time). He didn't get into any trouble. Later in years I was told that my grandfather told his ex (grandmother ) that if I was ever allowed to go to a dog show out of town with him, that he was going to take me away from my mom.
Mainly grew up with aunts and uncles. Uncle and a aunt (grandmother's son and grandfather's daughter) 7 years older, aunt 4 years older than me. Then my father's brother is 2 years younger than me. Dad was a only child until he was 23.

Oh wow they’re all so young. It sounds complicated.

Back
Top Bottom