Dog thread!šŸ¾

Just saw a video of someone with a off leash dog in heel walking through a crowded place I dog started barking at them from under a table. They corrected their dog for looking and said if they hadnā€™t they would have lost control of their dog

do you think this is correct use of a e-collar?
I think if you are going to loss control of your dog from a actually quite common occurrence then it should be on a leash šŸ˜…
So obviously i do use e collars, but i use them for redirection. Like if off leash in the prairie sometimes they dont hear my voice, so a quick nick/vibration brings them back and i immediatly treat. Or in Tuckers case barking at other dogs aggressivly. If i csnt get his attention i nick/vibrate and then treat him for looking at me.
In this persons case i think the dogs should have been on a leash.
I work slowly with my dogs off leash walking if they take it a step to far i immediatly go back to the beginning. Denver can now walk by myside almost 75 percent of the time. Just distracting her is a issue.

Attachments

• 20201102_154817.jpg
    20201102_154817.jpg
    772.4 KB · Views: 9
So Denvers whole litter wasnt socialized properly. So once she came home it took a lot to socialize her. She was fine with people, but didnt like other dogs and loud noises. Since bringing Tucker home she has so much more energy to play with other dogs and i love it!
Denver did pick us. We sat down on the floor, but she didnt immediately come to us. She was shy and scared, slowly she came to me and i knew she was the one. On the second meeting she was so excited to see us it was crazy at that point she was attached! She was the only puppy there that would just sit when asked she knew her name before we brought her home and learned tricks so quickly.
Thats sounds like a puppy choosing to me!
So obviously i do use e collars, but i use them for redirection. Like if off leash in the prairie sometimes they dont hear my voice, so a quick nick/vibration brings them back and i immediatly treat. Or in Tuckers case barking at other dogs aggressivly. If i csnt get his attention i nick/vibrate and then treat him for looking at me.
In this persons case i think the dogs should have been on a leash.
I work slowly with my dogs off leash walking if they take it a step to far i immediatly go back to the beginning. Denver can now walk by myside almost 75 percent of the time. Just distracting her is a issue.
Thats the sort of use I think can be okay, still personally not what I would do but extremely different to this person

Back
Top Bottom