Dog thread!🐾

no wonder I haven’t looked at Portuguese water dogs! This is the picture on the kennel club website, its ugly!
View attachment 3588355
I look it up and all the other pictures do not look like this 😆
@h2oratt, who is often on granny hatchet's thread, breeds PWD's. And hers are beautiful and don't look like that! I'm sure she can show you pics and tell you more about the breed.

Im going to be ordering one for Denver soon. As when we did Tucker he came back almost clear for everything.
Im hoping Denver does to
Ive heard that if you go through Wisdom panel its super inaccurate to.
I used wisdom panel, it does have health testing and you can get other frivolous things. Most of the time its seemed more accurate then embark to me, it did have trouble differentiating between very similar dogs that are related, it said Fanta was part standard schnauzer and black Russian terrier
Sooo umm, I took one of those dog breed quizes for fun...and it actually came up with a good breed. Toy fox terrier. Never considered them, but they seem like a good breed for me. What the heck, is today the day of finding suitable dog breeds😭?! First Spot, then me
I have had those recommend weird doodles before 😆 . Are they better then a whippet?
5? I can handle 2 puppies(but they are a pain sometimes). Should have listened to the age seperation. They are exactly 1 year 1 month and 1 day apart from each other.
Can you post pictures of the puppies? Not that i can have one but i love puppy pictures! I sure hope you can find good homes for them
my dogs ages are 2 years, 13 months and 20weeks old :lau Twiggy doesn’t really count because she acts like a 8 year old dog 😆
@h2oratt, who is often on granny hatchet's thread, breeds PWD's. And hers are beautiful and don't look like that! I'm sure she can show you pics and tell you more about the breed.
That would be great thank you!

I used wisdom panel, it does have health testing and you can get other frivolous things. Most of the time its seemed more accurate then embark to me, it did have trouble differentiating between very similar dogs that are related, it said Fanta was part standard schnauzer and black Russian terrier

I have had those recommend weird doodles before 😆 . Are they better then a whippet?

my dogs ages are 2 years, 13 months and 20weeks old :lau Twiggy doesn’t really count because she acts like a 8 year old dog 😆

That would be great thank you!

Honestly not sure about that. They have very different personalities, i like both. To be honest in this case I might like the terrier personality a little more. That being said, I know which one will be easier to find. There are no Toy fox terriers in the country (that i know of), and they aren't even accepted into the FCI

Took Fanta and Pikelet to the garden centre. She stared getting nervous when we where getting close to the area 🙁 she saw one of the screens and ran to hide. She was less nervous with Fanta there and me throwing a toy around helped! But it still took a while before she started getting confident again, shorter then last time but still long

so she definitely has washed out :hit now it’s decided if we are going to keep her or not :hmm

not sure she would be good for dog sports she is scared of people and other dogs :thso it would be a up hill struggle to get her comfortable in a dog event environment

For a pet, she is a cute and funny dog but some of her behaviour that could be mostly puppy or could be spaniel stress both me and my mother. she isn’t exactly low energy either :hmm I will needed to look at getting a Fanta “replacement” once Fanta is about 5 or 6 years old (which isn’t that old) unless I get a spare AD then I can push it back more. But that means I would have 4-5 year old Pikelet, 5-6 year old Fanta and a high energy puppy :th which is a lot of dogs! Not even including lazy Twiggy who I still need to do somethings with and the food cost!

my one brother has offered to take Pikelet once she is older but he doesn’t really like dogs much and I don’t think he would get along that well with her

It is a very hard decision!

Took Fanta and Pikelet to the garden centre. She stared getting nervous when we where getting close to the area 🙁 she saw one of the screens and ran to hide. She was less nervous with Fanta there and me throwing a toy around helped! But it still took a while before she started getting confident again, shorter then last time but still long

so she definitely has washed out :hit now it’s decided if we are going to keep her or not :hmm

not sure she would be good for dog sports she is scared of people and other dogs :thso it would be a up hill struggle to get her comfortable in a dog event environment

For a pet, she is a cute and funny dog but some of her behaviour that could be mostly puppy or could be spaniel stress both me and my mother. she isn’t exactly low energy either :hmm I will needed to look at getting a Fanta “replacement” once Fanta is about 5 or 6 years old (which isn’t that old) unless I get a spare AD then I can push it back more. But that means I would have 4-5 year old Pikelet, 5-6 year old Fanta and a high energy puppy :th which is a lot of dogs! Not even including lazy Twiggy who I still need to do somethings with and the food cost!

my one brother has offered to take Pikelet once she is older but he doesn’t really like dogs much and I don’t think he would get along that well with her

It is a very hard decision!

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! What about the breeder? Could you maybe get in contact with them?

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! What about the breeder? Could you maybe get in contact with them?
I will contact her breeder if nobody in the family will end up keeping her, its still in the decision phase. I really don’t want to rehome her but logically it seems the best option 😅

we will probably wait until she is older before deciding but I am not sure if its best to rehome as young as possible or wait until the puppy matures more?

5? I can handle 2 puppies(but they are a pain sometimes). Should have listened to the age seperation. They are exactly 1 year 1 month and 1 day apart from each other.
Can you post pictures of the puppies? Not that i can have one but i love puppy pictures! I sure hope you can find good homes for them
Haha! They're all great dogs. Training makes all of the difference. All the stories about labs and other retrievers being too hyper is just from people who don't have trained dogs and use them being too hyper as an excuse. Avery was perfectly calm by a year old and could be handled by a small child, my five year old brother could work her and she would behave perfectly for him or anybody. Our other dogs of course would too but Avery's mine and she's who I trained and have the most experience with. The other dogs are family dogs and the newest one is my sister's. All of our dogs are one or two years apart.

Sure! I don't have the best pics but I'll post some. I just got a new phone so I've been playing with the camera on it a bunch. The puppies are all in a kennel outside right now.

I will contact her breeder if nobody in the family will end up keeping her, its still in the decision phase. I really don’t want to rehome her but logically it seems the best option 😅

we will probably wait until she is older before deciding but I am not sure if its best to rehome as young as possible or wait until the puppy matures more?

If the family members don't have much dog experience, I'd keep her for longer to set up good foundations

Back
Top Bottom