Dog up the road and the loss of a JG

Pics

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
My situation. I live of a back country paved road a little over 1/8 mile down a dirt road. Only 3 houses separated by woods down the 1/2 mile dirt rd. Everyone is happy My dogs know their boundaries well and so do theirs. The people at the top of the rd that live of the paved rd have a new dog. Mind you their other dog has come to our yard several times but never caused trouble but the new one.... different story. My neighbor came down the dirt rd and called to tell us that it was carrying my (dead) JG up the rd by the neck:hit Since that day there has been little to no free ranging and now none. My girls are begging to be out. He’s been back three times! Another dog of theirs got hit on the paved rd Anything I can do?! We’ve even had people come to our house through the woods next dirt rd over wanting to know who this dog belonged to cause it’s running around the 45 mph paved rd!!!

Just tell your neighbors if the dog comes to your house again you'll have to shoot it. Your neighbor will put the dog up. If not, wait til the dog comes again just catch it and bring it to local shelter, or keep it tied up on your property until the neighbor comes looking for it and have a good talking to your neighbor. No sense in your chickens being cooped up because of your disrespectful neighbor.

Most if not all areas have leash laws. This goes for not allowing a dog to roam free and not be in the owners control. This is also animal neglect! First talk to the owners and ask them too please keep their dog confined to their own property. If they don't call animal control or catch the dog and turn him in to the nearest no kill shelter. Just remember it's not the dogs fault, he's doing what dogs do. It's the idiot owners fault!

They have come looking now while we are trying to get him back up the road and animal control would be 30 minutes till then It’s not the dogs fault... he’s being a dog. We can let them free range when the goats are outing fenced area but that’s not as often. The goats hate dogs and at 140 lbs a piece they don’t mess around.
After the first incident my husband had a long talk but ... no different. Working on the fence. Since the dog walks down the dirt rd the whole thing needs to be done. It will take a LOOONG time. Want to do it but just want things back like they were. These people don’t even live on our dirt rd!

Back
Top Bottom