dog VS pullet *pic* NOT graphic

chickNpink

Chirping
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Missouri
Well, today, one of our dogs got a hold of one of our girls. June is approx. 2 months old and is a fighter. I honestly thought she was dead, then I saw her move. I scooped her up, wrapped her in a t-shirt and headed to the vet. Fortunately the only injury was a broken leg...severely broken leg. The doc said he could splint/cast it but he was not very optimistic...about what exactly, I don't know. If it won't heal, can she live w/ 1 one leg or will she need to be put down? I'll have to ask the doc that when we go back in a week.

June is sleeping quite soundly by my side. I was able to get her drink some water earlier but she wouldn't eat...not even her favorite, mealworms. Anyone ever been through a situation like this? How long w/o eating before I should worry? Anything else I might find helpful in making her recovery a comfortable, speedy one?

I never, in a million years, ever thought I'd end up w/ a chicken w/ a cast!

mail

Last edited:
Sometimes a drop or two of liquid B complex will stimulate their energy and appetite? It wouldn't hurt? I used it for some day olds that were having a hard time. It did help them a lot.

Back
Top Bottom