Dog walker gone wild.

Mattema I had a similar situation - my dog was attacked by a pitbull the owner would fence bait my dogs with - (he was training the dog to be dog excited/ aggressive - I was living in town at the time) and the dog got loose when he tied him out at the shop up the road. that dog was fixated on mine, went past 3 dogs to get to mine and attacked her.

I come out the door with a break stick (i always keep one just in case for dogs) and a shovel was by the back door. My dog stopped fighting and defending herself as soon as I called her name, and this full blooded pit (mine is a pit mix) was hanging on her neck, and I broke the dogs apart, the owner of the dog is having a fit as he is running across the street, as soon as I get the offending dog off I wasn't taking a chance when it came back at my dog (who was at my feet) I picked up the shovel and whacked the pure living hell out of it. unhooked my girl and got her in the house on the porch, grabbed the phone and was on the phone with the 911 operator when the owner is about 10 feet away from me looking his dog over and cussing me out. in 4 minutes animal control and 2 deputies were in my driveway. They took the dog from him, and he's all about "i'm going to sue you for hurting my dog" Deputy looked right at him and told him "Young man if you make another threat of any nature towards her I will lock you up right now, your dog and yourself was tresspassing on posted property and you are to be held accountable for all damages." Deputies and animal control officer looked over my dog, and one of the deputies waited at my house till I had someone else come and watch my daughter so I could take my dog to the vet.

The owner of the pitbull was fine 300$ plus the 150$ vet bill he got from me, the dog was quarantined for 2 weeks....However shortly after (about 3 months later) the dog got loose and attacked and killed another dog - it was then euthanized as it had been marked as a dangerous dog when it attacked my dog.

ScaredOfShadows,did they investigate that horrible man for dogfighting? Ohhhhh if someone tried to use my dog to "train" like that, I don't know what I'd do! But I'm glad you were able to break it up. (When our wonderful pit mix disappeared last year, we were terrified that dogfighters had stolen him - it was actually rather a relief to find he had died
sad.png
)

To the OP, I'm glad you settled that so well. I wonder if that woman will reflect that, had she apologized right away and offered to pay for the birds, she would have gotten off much easier?

Quote:
They investigated him, him and another neighbor in his area down the road had a bunch of pit bulls, but the laws here are weak on dog fighting - you have to have ALOT of proof not just circumstantial to be convicted unfortunately.

when i was in town living there - they did it when we weren't home and the dogs were outside and tied. Usually the dogs were inside alot, and it was the one - the pit mix who was tied closer to the road. We caught him doing a few times, and had words with the guy (he was about 20 22 and I was like 18 at the time) even had my cousin a deputy have words with him once. But neighbors later confessed he did it alot when we weren't home (horrible stupid afraid neighbors) - I have never been afraid of punks, gangbangers, drug dealers, or idiots in general. I'm sorry but I will not live my life in fear, and have faced down people with some of the worst reputations in my county. I live in the country now, and 2 doors down is the mama of one of the bigger drug dealers in my county, he's showed his butt with me a few times, but after having words, and one time pulling a rifle on his brother's car tires for spinning tires and spewing gravel in my parking lot drive, he now leaves us alone and will even be respectful and nice to me, stopping and asking how everyone is, and throws his hand up when he drives by....I don't take junk from people and because of this most of those 'big baddies' respect me now because they know I have people (friends and family) in the right places and will back up my words with a bullet if need be. - as crude as that is - its true sometimes you have to be that way.

Back
Top Bottom