Dog walker gone wild.

I PA if a dog is activly attacking an animal or person you can shoot it without having to orry about the owner of the dog proscecuting you or you getting in trouble. I recently had an issue with a pitt bull on my property. We found out too late that the dog had killed one of our kittens. I found it attacking another kitten but got it off and called animal control. Wish I had shot the dumb thing now the neighbors got the dog back and I am waiting for it to make the same mistake again. It will not be going home alive!!!!!!!!

Take pics of the damage, file a police report, and send the lady a bill asking for compensation. If she refuses, you can take her to small claims court.

YAY for you!! So glad you made her do the right thing. I'd also have that check at the bank right now to make sure it was good.

Well handled, great outcome, and hopefully she has learned a lesson, but people with such behavior rarely change. Good on ya for the value you set on your animals.
clap.gif

YES!! I love the outcome. Stinks that she didn't just man up and ask to pay to replace the birds to begin with...Hello, if she wasn't going to stop her dog he would have eaten every single bird for lunch! Some animal owners are DUMB!

Good that you were reimbursed. Hope the check doesn't bounce.

I want to just put this out there. I have no obligation to try to contain any strange dog on my property by grabbing its collar and I refuse to do it. I won't take the chance on getting bitten. I'm glad you were able to put it to the ground.

I always see the statement that its not the dog's fault so don't hurt the dog. Frankly, that to me is irrelevant. All that matters is that the dog is on my property endangering my chickens, who are where they are supposed to be and depending on me for protection.

Quote:
I've never seen anywhere where poultry isn't considered livestock? It isn't always mentioned, but most statutes include some kind of "not limited to..." wording.

Back
Top Bottom