Dogs mating, Thanks MIL!

Quote:
Gee, thanks.
lau.gif

If you don't want a litter of pups take the female to the vet right away. They can be given a shot so the uterus flushes out the eggs rather than lets them attach to the wall but I think you have a 24 hour time limit.

Yes if you can find them, no matter the size that dog is not neutered.

fully neutered males can and do "lock up" with females. If your mom says he was neutered, and is certain... I would not worry about it. Geldings will moung mares etc...

My 12 year old Cocker Spaniel locks with my female Jack Russells routinely when they are in heat, he has been neutered since he was 9 months old.
If the dog was older when neutered he may appear to still have his package. My 3 yr JRT has a good size sack but nothing is there.

Quote:
I Agree and Know this for a fact. One of our male aussies we had fixed at 6 months got locked with our female her first heat. We called the vet and they said it was normal. We freaked out thinking they had messed up or something, but they informed us that it was normally and that the older he got the less urge he would have. Although you said your dog was 10, and has "num' num's" LOL I'd say expect puppies.

Last edited:
Wow! Maybe get her to show you the dog's vet paperwork that shows where he was neutered.

I know this sounds cruel, but a vet can give her a medication or treatment that can cause her to miscarry. It's an option if you don't want to mess with puppies.

Quote:
The vets around here will not give that any more, You can take her and have her spayed if its only a few days after. She might be able to find a vet to give her something, but if you had plans on breeding this female, it will lower her chances of comeing back in.

head to the vet with both dogs

the dog to be neutered

the grump to have her mismating shot or be spayed

simple

edit because I have to laugh - I used the word for 'female dog' and the language filter changed it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom