Dominique Thread!

Tried some photo shots today of juveniles -- of course they wouldn't stand still!

This is Dana who has the best comb and posture of the chicks -- however she turned just as the lens snapped and brushed her tail on the screen.
DSCN8569.JPG

I tried to get her U-back but she turned mid-pose!
DSCN8572.JPG

Dana's comb has lots of ridges and has a nice leader (spike) at the back
DSCN8573.JPG
DSCN8576.JPG
DSCN8577.JPG

This is Opal's rosecomb which has some ridges and a nice leader but the comb is divided/split wider at the beak.
DSCN8582.JPG

Not sure which chicken this is - definitely not Jewlz since this one has even wattles.
DSCN8610.JPG

This is Jewlz uneven wattles. Will they ever grow out even or stay this way?
DSCN8612.JPG

This is Jewlz with her smooth rosecomb and only one shorter wattle showing -- she does have a very pronounced leader/spike -- what she lacks in physical looks she makes up by being very personable.
DSCN8614.JPG

@Chickassan Hobo is beautiful! Her wattles don't look uneven. I mean, poor Jewlz has one normal wattle like the other 2 Doms and one wattle that is barely visible -- a real noticeable uneven growth. But thanks for the vote of confidence. I just hope it's not an indication of her future health or productivity. She's my favorite personality, maybe because of her physical flaws, although all 3 juveniles are very personable.

Juvenile Doms picking at DH's pant leg while he's cutting up spinach for a treat!
DSCN8606.JPG

@Sylvester017
Glad to see you're enjoying the trio so much.

The wattles may even out a little over time. I once had a hen with diff sized wattles but they evened out when she started laying. For some reason I could only notice it sometimes & only when she was molting.

As for my Bubbles, she's currently tail-less. Poor girl is molting & it's -10'F right now. (-25'F with wind chill) I wish she would snuggle between 2 fluffy orps in the insulated coop for warmth, but she insists on sleeping up on the top shelf of the outer coop with my Spitzhauben. It's draft free, so she should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom