Dominique Thread!

Hi all! New chicken mommy here with 4 precious (hopefully) pullets love them already

http://ww
w.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6267482/width/200/height/400

It was a gorgeous 80 degrees after work today so look who got to go outside and play!

Seventeen mottled Houdan chicks and ten Dominiques.

LOL. Perhaps!
smile.png
I have Black Langshan, Mottled Houdan, Dominiques and will be getting White Dorking soon. I also have RIR, Basques and Cream Legbar. Definitely a stripe thing going on!

My sister does only blank and white or only black chickens. It is pretty cool to have the different breeds, but all the same colors.

I think she has mostly Australorps, some Cuckoo Marans, and Hamburgs.

Good to see the Dom thread being active. I can finally say that I have some Doms. Mine are hatchery stock, and nothing to write home about. Of the 4 I got, one died within the first 24 hours due to hardware store mis-management. (I'll not be getting birds from them again). The 3 remaining ones are coming along. Poor representatives of the breed with legs that are way too long. I have a feeling that one of the pullets will be crowing before long. There is a lot of interest developing in this breed in the state of Maine!

I'd be doing good to find them at a feed store, growing up every body and there brother had them now I can't find them other than a hatchery and you have to buy more than I need.

There are actually a decent number of Dominique breeders around, not lots, but a few.

You can find them on the Dominique club website (but only after you pay membership dues) or you can ask on the American Dominique facebook page, to see who might be close.

I have been seeing Dominique eggs for sale here on BYC as well as on ebay. However, lots of the people on ebay, and the internet simply do NOT have good Dominique type. Mostly it is the combs, wattles, and color that gets me. I have been told that of the hatcheries, Cackle has the best type.

Back
Top Bottom