**DONE**Metzer Farms gosling order in KY**DONE**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give a heads-up to everyone. The new price list is up, and it looks like some of the goslings have went up a bit. Please check and make sure you know how much your order will be! I'll figure everyone's shipping once I know how much the shipping is!

http://metzerfarms.com/goose.htm

D-Day is almost here! Let me know if you want to join us on this order!

PLEASE REMEMBER: IF YOU ARE WANTING YOUR GOSLINGS SEXED, IT IS AN ADDITIONAL $1.25 PER GOSLING

Last edited:
Okay, I checked the price Mine is still $14.30 per gosling so I owe $28.60 plus my portion of the shipping charges.

SO I need to add another $2.50 to my order, bringing it to $31.10 plus my share of the shipping.

Last edited:
The toulouse actually went down
wee.gif

was 9.30, I believe, and now is 8.95

meri

Quote:
I had thought they were 13.95? That's why I said they went up!
gig.gif

ETA: Don't forget to add the 1.25 per bird for the sexing, unless you want straight run.

Last edited:
Mojo Chick'n :

Actually, that is the 2008 price list - mine is 9.30 - if you check under the actual list of breeds.
meri

I hadn't even noticed that! Mine were (I thought) 13.95, then I saw they were 14.30, so I thought they had went up.​

Last edited:
Need advice on ordering!

I'm thinking of getting 4. 2 pair. Just can't decide between Buff, Pilgrim or Toulouse.

I've read that Pilgrim and Buff are pretty docile, but not sure on the Toulouse. My youngest is now 11, so I'm not too worried about my kids...but I have a 2yo niece who I would be concerned about.

I also just love the look of the Toulouse...but the Pilgrim girls seem pretty similar.

Any thoughts?

Also, have any of you raised geese for meat?

Thanks!

Should have my order figured out tomorrow.

Hmmm...is it possible to get 1 of a breed? Say a pair of Pilgrim, a pair of buff and a single toulouse female? Or would that be a bad idea?

Quote:
It would really only matter whether you want pure babies or not. I'm sure there are many people that wouldn't mind having a buff/toulouse mix, or a pilgrim/toulouse mix. Geese normally do 'pair up' but I believe the site says that in a 'large' operation, many are kept at 1 male to 2.5-3.5 females. How they get .5 of a female to breed, I'll never know
tongue.png

As for the other questions, I don't know about FLOWERPOT, but I believe none of the rest of us have ever had geese, for meat or anything else.

I have heard that the pilgrims and the buffs are very docile. I don't know much about the toulouse. I would think just about any bird would be gentle, given how they are raised. The only problems I have heard with most breeds is during mating/nesting season. They get pretty protective of their babies and nests! But, getting them as babies, you would know their personalities. Baby waterfowl also imprint with the first moving thing they see, so they will think you are mama. You just need to make sure you handle them a lot. I am so looking forward to having geese!!
celebrate.gif
The only breed I wouldn't have are the embdens, those are the only mean goose I have been around. Every big white goose I have ever seen has been mean as a snake!
Also, the only problem with getting 2 males and 2 females of different breeds would be the possibility of them 'pairing up' with the other breed. So in theory, you could possibly just have a bunch of pilgrim/buff mixes, instead of pures of either breed. I originally was going to get a pair of buffs and a pair of tufted buffs, but I figured that my luck would work out that I had tufted-non tufted mixes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom