Don't eat that.

My chickens have tried:

• Total voters
My chickens have been after any animal, except squirrels, that have come into their territory. They have eaten every bug they found, including wasp and black widow spider. The broody hen bought and killed a mouse, which the babies thought was food. They eventually ate it. As adults, they did the same to another mouse. The lead hen has attacked the dog and cats, and the broody hen fought off another cat. Any bird that lands into he yard, except the hawks, the leader has charged after.

Mine would go after paper towels as babies. I would use paper towels to spot clean the brooder when they were little and even now, they still go after them. And lately, my nail polish! They didn't care when it was RED but this time I have a glittery polish that changes from blue to purple, depending on the angle of the light. I guess it looks like tasty beetles?? Be forewarned! We have far too many butterflies and they enjoy those too.

Nope, Rio isn't a afraid of it. He tried to attack it even while it was running and working. That's the scary part!!!
Boo ( EE) was following me.
Love this, my chickens are so excited whenever I cut the grass since they know grass clippings are coming their way soon.... also, sad story, my husband found a baby blue jay nestling that fell from a nest, he did his best to put it in a box and back up in the tree but the second time it fell too close to the birds and was no more (if you get my drift....<sad face>)

Baby SNAKES....
Last one? Probably a baby prairie rattler. :eek:I thought my chicken was choking. NOPER! Just couldn't swallow the last little bit.
:barnieCOULD HAVE BEEN BITTEN!
When I took it away, snakes tail & head were bitten off! However - I KNOW THAT PARTICULAR SNAKE SKIN!
I wondered why I haven't seen Garden snakes, Copper Heads, or anything else! SHOOT! I haven't even had to treat my dog for fleas or ticks!

My chickens have been after any animal, except squirrels, that have come into their territory. They have eaten every bug they found, including wasp and black widow spider. The broody hen bought and killed a mouse, which the babies thought was food. They eventually ate it. As adults, they did the same to another mouse. The lead hen has attacked the dog and cats, and the broody hen fought off another cat. Any bird that lands into he yard, except the hawks, the leader has charged after.
Agree, oddly enough, squirrels can come and go, eating all the seed in the chicken feeder or gorge themselves on the sunflower heads (before the chickens can eat them) and not even a glance - but let a poor bee buzz, toad hop or snake slither anywhere near them and gone!

Back
Top Bottom