Dont know wat is wrong.

Welsh Dave

Hatching
Jul 6, 2016
Hey There. One of my chickens is looking kinda weird. I have two chickens overall both aged 5. I know they are getting old and they have both stopped producing eggs but one of them is full of energy and likes to move around and scrounge but my one chickens (dot) is acting like a way I believe that she is in pain. Her tail is up when moving around but she moves around like shes have something in the feet.

I have observed the feet but they are clear. I notice that she has been limping for years (cause she does stupid jumps and doesnt to a perfect landing) She is very heavy as well and is also quiet. She eats the fruit and water i give her. And also eats the pellets as well.

She also stays in the coop longer than Sam in the morning (Takes her an hour after Sam before she comes out into the garden).

Dot is the one on the right.

I dont kno the reason to be honest and I wish I could get some opinions. Or is it just old age?.

Thank you.

Dafydd.

I would give her some vitamins, like poly vi sol (without iron)
buy some chicken pro biotic
give her a warm bath, and soak her legs and feet for about 10 minutes
a day or so, and see if you see any improvement...

Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I agree with the 2 other posters, assuming this has been an ongoing progression and not just all of the sudden,

My chickens don't all come out of the coop at the same time. Especially if the weather is nasty.

You could probably even put epsom salt in the warm bath. It's probably easier on the chicken if the water is already ran.... but I'm just guessing.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom