Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Looks like cockerel. I had one and the way to tell with Easter Egger I learned here is if it has three rows of the crest and really bumpy and red. It looks like that in the picture. That’s how I sexed my three Araucana and it was right. Two pullet one cockerel. But I’m not an expert just talking about my previous experience.
Thank you I'll keep you posted. My son isn't going to be happy. That was his first pick.

My friend recently got a few chicks. The place she got them from said they gave her 2 EEs, 2 Australorps, and 2 Bantams. Obviously, Bantam could literally be anything, since it's just a small chicken. Since bantams can be fun, I've been wanting to figure out what breeds they are. My guess is one is a Sultan (super lucky if she is a Sultan) and the other is a Brahma. The brown one (which I am guessing is brahma) is actually the biggest, despite being a bantam, which is why my guess is Brahma. Anyone else have other opinions?

The supposed Sultan
received_835133683505340.jpeg received_2324250657638458.jpeg

The possible brahma. (Sorry the pic is bad, I'll try to see if my friend can get a better pic.) She does have feathered feat.
received_2645279415486726.jpeg

The place also said there's a 90% chance they're female, so I'm mostly looking for breeds. If someone sees what may be a roo, though, please let me know!

My friend recently got a few chicks. The place she got them from said they gave her 2 EEs, 2 Australorps, and 2 Bantams. Obviously, Bantam could literally be anything, since it's just a small chicken. Since bantams can be fun, I've been wanting to figure out what breeds they are. My guess is one is a Sultan (super lucky if she is a Sultan) and the other is a Brahma. The brown one (which I am guessing is brahma) is actually the biggest, despite being a bantam, which is why my guess is Brahma. Anyone else have other opinions?

The supposed Sultan
View attachment 1751848 View attachment 1751849

The possible brahma. (Sorry the pic is bad, I'll try to see if my friend can get a better pic.) She does have feathered feat.
View attachment 1751850

The place also said there's a 90% chance they're female, so I'm mostly looking for breeds. If someone sees what may be a roo, though, please let me know!
Looks like you have what you think, a buff brahma and a sultan. Please post again in a few weeks to confirm gender. Cute chicks!

Hello!
My mother recently purchased some silkies and the seller had a chick running around loose and asked mom if she wanted it for free, she said yes but now that its a few weeks old im honestly not even sure what type of bird this is? It looks nothing like my other chickens and is miniature? Its around 5 inches tall at 3 weeks, meanwhile all the other chicks, even the silkies tower above it.

Help?

Attachments

• 20190425_180954.jpg
    20190425_180954.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 12
Hello!
My mother recently purchased some silkies and the seller had a chick running around loose and asked mom if she wanted it for free, she said yes but now that its a few weeks old im honestly not even sure what type of bird this is? It looks nothing like my other chickens and is miniature? Its around 5 inches tall at 3 weeks, meanwhile all the other chicks, even the silkies tower above it.

Help?
Looks like a Black Breasted Old English Game Bantam. Very cute!

I have a blue something that I got from a feed store in mid-March. I was so excited about getting the chicks (4 different kinds), that I didn't write down the name. Well, I have no idea what she is. I can't match up the comb (pea), legs, (slate), and face (red)
IMG_20190502_175515.jpg
IMG_20190521_140648.jpg
IMG_20190521_140810.jpg
for any particular breed. I posted somewhere else but then found this thread. Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a blue something that I got from a feed store in mid-March. I was so excited about getting the chicks (4 different kinds), that I didn't write down the name. Well, I have no idea what she is. I can't match up the comb (pea), legs, (slate), and face (red)View attachment 1784520 View attachment 1784521 View attachment 1784522 for any particular breed. I posted somewhere else but then found this thread. Thanks in advance for any help!
Looks like you have an Easter Egger. Very pretty girl!

Back
Top Bottom