Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

View attachment 1036238 View attachment 1036237 These two girls are my last two chickens i have yet to figure out. One is a barred rock and the other is a cuckoo maran. Any idea which is which? The bottom one has a lot more black on her beak, darker black on her legs, and a lot more white feathers.

Pullets. You should be able to tell by skin color. Top looks like your Maran judging by her barring.

Maybe a Welsummer.
I have a mixed flock of everything! We've had this rooster a few years now, and no matter what you breed him to, it looks exactly like the mother, not a mix. He's been mated with OEGBs, D'uccles ect, I thought he could be a Marans ( or something like that ) but that's about all I can think of. ThanksView attachment 1036239 View attachment 1036240 View attachment 1036241
th (51).jpg

No it's not a mix, but I'm really bad at taking photos. The rooster and the mother ( shown) look alike, and some of the chicks hatched fully black, and some hatched like that one, even though I know that those were the parents, anybody know why?

Back
Top Bottom