Don't look if you don't like dirty pics.

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
Sorry guys. I am new to chickens and can't get over all the goofy stuff they do. Got this action shot.

CIMG1352.JPG

Plus I'm a picture taking fool of the sort. One thing I'm having trouble with is getting the action shots without blur. I have one of them Casio Exilms. Anyone know what kind of setting I should be on for action shots? I got this pic on macro at 800x640 resolution.

Just wanted to add that the pic below is the same setting, much clearer, but she isn't having a seizure at this point. I would really like to be able to take action shots with the same clarity some how.

CIMG1351.JPG

Last edited:
hehe

If you want to get good action shots you need to have a slower shutter speed (meaning the photo can be taken fast) The more light you have the faster your camera can take the picture. I hope that helps .

I'm not familiar with your type of camera, but generally most point and shoots do have a setting on which you can choose your shutter speed. A faster shutter speed means a clearer picture. Normally my camera take pictures at a shutter speed of anywhere from 1/20 to 1/250. However, if I am outside and I have a LOT of light, I can change the shutter speed to a max of 1/1000. I use this setting for taking pictures of sports, birds, and other animals.

It took me awhile to figure out the settings of my old camera (which was an ancient sony digital) and when I finally knew how to use it I bought a new camera and now I have to start all over again! The best thing to do is read your instruction manual and practice practice practice! Also, it helps if you have a large memory card so you can just click away. 1 or 2 gig memory cards are not that much. I think I paid $40 for my 2 gig. Sometimes you will take 300 or 400 pictures and only find 20 that you actually like!

I enjoyed your pictures though! I love when my girls dust bathe!

Hey hey hey. Thank you guys so much about that shutter speed clue. Everything on my camera is icons and stuff so the setting is the sports icon. Worked like a charm. Thanks again for the input.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom