Don't tell the wife, I'm growing fodder in the 2nd bathroom!

Pics

gtaus

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Mar 29, 2019
Northern Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
Some of you may remember that this summer I experimented with growing barley fodder for my chickens (My $10 Inexpensive DIY Fodder Tower with Dollar Tree Dish Bins). My fodder tower was in my garage at that time. That was a successful experiment and I stated that I wanted to try growing fodder in the house this winter.

Well, it's October in Minnesota and the fresh green grass is no longer growing. Today I snuck in my fodder tower while the wife was in town. I put the fodder tower in the bathtub of our second (mostly unused) bathroom. I pulled the shower curtain across the rod so she cannot see the fodder tower if she walks past the second bathroom. Problem is, sooner or later, I know my wife will find out. :smack

So, if anyone wants to offer a list of excuses I can use on that occasion, I'd like to hear your suggestions so I can keep peace in the family. I am kicking around a few ideas, but don't know how well they will go over when I get found out.

1) Fodder tower? What fodder tower? I don't see no fodder tower. :idunno

2) Oh yeah, I meant to tell you about that, but you were so busy that I just didn't want to bother you at the time and then I just forgot about it, I guess.

3) The chickens seemed less happy and a little less perky without fresh grass to eat, so I thought I would grow some fresh greens in the other bathroom, which we really don't use much, and you probably won't even think about it, really.

4) I got a request from the good people at BYC forums to update my article on the fodder tower and they wanted to know if I was having any success growing fodder in the house during the winter.

Any help in advance appreciated. Obviously, this is a limited time request.....

BTW, first batch of barley seeds is soaking in the first bin tonight. So I am already committed.

Some of you may remember that this summer I experimented with growing barley fodder for my chickens (My $10 Inexpensive DIY Fodder Tower with Dollar Tree Dish Bins). My fodder tower was in my garage at that time. That was a successful experiment and I stated that I wanted to try growing fodder in the house this winter.

Well, it's October in Minnesota and the fresh green grass is no longer growing. Today I snuck in my fodder tower while the wife was in town. I put the fodder tower in the bathtub of our second (mostly unused) bathroom. I pulled the shower curtain across the rod so she cannot see the fodder tower if she walks past the second bathroom. Problem is, sooner or later, I know my wife will find out. :smack

So, if anyone wants to offer a list of excuses I can use on that occasion, I'd like to hear your suggestions so I can keep peace in the family. I am kicking around a few ideas, but don't know how well they will go over when I get found out.

1) Fodder tower? What fodder tower? I don't see no fodder tower. :idunno

2) Oh yeah, I meant to tell you about that, but you were so busy that I just didn't want to bother you at the time and then I just forgot about it, I guess.

3) The chickens seemed less happy and a little less perky without fresh grass to eat, so I thought I would grow some fresh greens in the other bathroom, which we really don't use much, and you probably won't even think about it, really.

4) I got a request from the good people at BYC forums to update my article on the fodder tower and they wanted to know if I was having any success growing fodder in the house during the winter.

Any help in advance appreciated. Obviously, this is a limited time request.....

BTW, first batch of barley seeds is soaking in the first bin tonight. So I am already committed.
This is hilarious! You could be clueless as to what she's talking about and ask if she put it there because you surely didn't but it sure was a good idea , thank her and walk away.

Or the fodder saves money, it's cheap chicken feed which keeps the chickens happy and if they are happy then your happy so everyone will be happy it's a win for everyone.

4! 4! I vote #4! Tell her it's all about BYC and you couldn't tell her about it yet because we all want to MEET HER and you promised us a picture of HER, your loving, supportive wife, posing WITH the tower when the barley is growing good, and you wanted it to be a SURPRISE!!!!!

Besides, don't people make a health tea out of this stuff, it used be called barley green during the 80's and was all the rage because you put it in your smoothies and it keeps you, ahem, regular, YOU know.... regular. So it's just all-around good for you!

#4 Blame it on us.
We don't mind.

Hehe. Here's BBH, jumping up and down squawking loudly, clicking her spurs and flapping her wings .... and in this corner, Tx Ki, lounging casually on a sofa, snapping her gum, peering out from under her comb, sipping a Scotch on the rocks, sneering, yeah, , Boss, we'll take the blame, we's kin handle it ... nuttin' to it. :lau

Back
Top Bottom