Don't throw away your Halloween pumpkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmywalt

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Don't throw away your Halloween pumpkins.......... Chickens LOVE them.

Just split it in half and let them have at it!

Here is the inside of 1/2 of ours after a couple hours. It was a large pumpkin and we only have 5 chickens!

We were planning to give our pumpkins to our girls too. We never ended up carving ours so they will be extra fresh and good
smile.png
. I never heard that about the wormer before but would love to know the answer too!

This is a good post. Im sure a lot of people dont think to toss them in the chicken yard. I also plan to feed all of our pumpkins to the animals. They love pumpkin and its much better than tossing them in the woods. I even asked my family for all there pumpkin guts when they were carving pumpkins before Halloween. Im happy because we have at least 10 uncarved pumpkins this year of various sizes so all the animals will get a treat. I also heard pumpkin is a natural wormer.

Last year, I broke open 20 pumpkins for the chickens. Over time, they ate all but the skin and stem of the pumpkins. Of all the seeds there were, only one pumpkin vine sprouted this year. They ate pumpkin for weeks. It was great, especially since all the pumpkins were free.

Chris

If they aren't carved, don't give them all of them at once. Pumpkins will last for months of the skin is intact and they never froze. Give them one every few days and make them last.

If they aren't carved, don't give them all of them at once. Pumpkins will last for months of the skin is intact and they never froze. Give them one every few days and make them last.
I was thinking I would chop them into nice size pieces and freeze them in the bags that you bring your groceries home in. Every so often take one out of the freezer and give them for a treat.

Back
Top Bottom