Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been busy since Sunday, clearing remodel trash left by the different crews that have been here. And filled tiled room edges with grout where there were gaps under the wood trim.
So lots of bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, carrying, sweeping, up and down, crawling…hope that counts for my “extra”.

Electric crew was here Monday...New breaker boxes and the rest of the ceiling fans and lighting now complete. Lots of boxes, plastic bags, old fans, etc.

HVAC was here to install the vent covers and the range hood roof vent.

The den floor (a converted garage) was laid in the middle of February during the frigid weather and apparently the grout did not heat up enough to bond…the tile was popping up and the grout was cracked. Adding to the problem was that the wood flooring laid over the leveling floor joists was too cold when installed the there wasn’t enough expansion gap. This room has to be re-tiled. The rest of the tile in the house is fine. Demo was Wednesday afternoon…clean up again. Not sure when they will be laying the tile…

The wood floors were refinished yesterday and gets a final coat of varnish today. We will handle disposal of the section of stained oak flooring. Hubby thinks the red oak boards would make some nice yard furniture…stains and all…??? Guess who will be pulling nails.

The carpenter has replaced all the old door hinges and door knobs, finished putting the knobs and drawer pulls on the new cabinets and will put the floor trim on once the den floor is finished. Then he will be done too. He brought his trailer yesterday and we loaded it up with boxes and bags of trash and debris, the old sinks, bathtub, old oven and old lumber and tile for a trip to the local dump! Even his wife came to help!

Moving back in will begin hopefully the middle of next week…It has been 18 months!

Look what I just got!
:wee :wee :wee
PXL_20210924_164210841.jpg

No workout yesterday - just regular chores.
Friday workout done - just PT exercises on back app after I pulled it AGAIN as I was readying some crates for roosters shuffle. The shuffle won't happen today I guess. And I haven't even unloaded the feed I picked up yesterday.

It's a good thing we are exercising and motivating each other here - because if not I would never get the rooster shuffle done - or any garden chores, etc.

I just picked up some Golden Chai Tea (Tumeric, Cinnamon, Pepper, Ginger) yesterday as I did errands. Thank you all who suggested that. I was already at The Honeyman - he has lots of herbs, spices, natural stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom