Dorking Importation Project

Quote:
That makes more sense. In my job I do export certification to other countries all the time, so I couldn't figure out what the major expense was going to be, other than the courier's travel expenses. Yes, it's a lot of time and paperwork and sometimes endless frustration, but only moderately expensive if you've got someone helping you in the other country.

If the eggs are checked luggage anyway, why does a courier need to be on the plane? Can't someone check the eggs in at Heathrow and someone else meet the plane in the U.S., or does USDA not allow that? That would be a lot cheaper, even if the person packing and delivering the eggs were paid very generously for his time.

Last edited:
What safeguards are in place to be sure that TSA does manually inspect instead of x-ray? Do they have a special rack that all manually inspected luggage goes into, or a huge bright red sticker, or what?
any oversized luggage is inspected manually.

there is an oversized luggage counter at LAX. you get your luggage tagged, then take it there. they inspect it , use bomb residue sniffer and send it to the plane. i ship my eggs to the philippines in a hard sided holf bag. customs does their thing at the other end.

Quote:
That makes more sense. In my job I do export certification to other countries all the time, so I couldn't figure out what the major expense was going to be, other than the courier's travel expenses. Yes, it's a lot of time and paperwork and sometimes endless frustration, but only moderately expensive if you've got someone helping you in the other country.

If the eggs are checked luggage anyway, why does a courier need to be on the plane? Can't someone check the eggs in at Heathrow and someone else meet the plane in the U.S., or does USDA not allow that? That would be a lot cheaper, even if the person packing and delivering the eggs were paid very generously for his time.
the largest expense will be the vet certification and testing of Nick's farm... each bird has to be tested for 3 diseases for the farm to pass.

Back
Top Bottom