Do's and dont's for a "living room" coop? Building housing indoors?

I do keep my chicks in my spare bathroom for 3 weeks (IN THE BATH TUB). After 3 weeks of Everyday changing newspaper, I am always VERY ready for them to move outside. Some people may agree or not. But for me....YES.....sweet baby chicks are ready to go outside.

Does this thread remind anyone of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was keeping a rooster in his apartment?

We kept our chicks in the house for about 3 weeks. The first couple of days were fun and tolerable. The last part of the 3 weeks were the longest 3 weeks of my life.
hmm.png
Too much dust and yuckyness. I cleaned the box every day or so. They just scratch and preen and do chicken things. After I moved them out to the coop, they seemed much happier. They didn't want to be inside anymore than I wanted to have them in here.

I'm a neat freak, so consider the source on my ideas on the matter.

I have a house chicken. She can't go outside due to me not having an apartment & her being featherless. I keep her in a large rabbit cage & run an air freshener above her cage. She doesn't smell & I know it because sometimes I walk into the house & she DOES smell but then it's when I've been lax cleaning the cage & I do it immediately. I don't have to worry about the dander because she doesn't have feathers but I had a silkie house chicken for the past 2 years & didn't have a problem with her dander. This is Inbar:

Inbar012.jpg

Quote:
Oh My Gosh!! That bird is so ugly it is cute!! Who knew there were featherless chickens? How do you keep it from pooping all over the place? And how do you keep the dog and cat from eating it?

Last edited:
Well she has a diaper to prevent house pooping & the dog is trained with her though I'm sure the cat would eat her if left unsupervised (which never happens)

Back
Top Bottom