Dosage for corid 9.6% oral solution

One 16 ounce bottle will make ~50 gallons, so yes, I think that will be enough.
Lol.... yes, yes it will!
Thank you so much for all your help!! I really appreciate it
thumbsup.gif

Lol.... yes, yes it will!
Thank you so much for all your help!! I really appreciate it
thumbsup.gif
Hi....
I have one more question.
I am starting the girls on their 5 day Corid treatment tomorrow. Do I need to empty their waterer daily before I put in more treated water, or can I just add it to whats still left in it?
And I also saw them eating some snow today. Will that affect their treatment? Although in a few more days it probably will all be melted....lol

Thanks again for all your help!

Hi. I'm have 10 babies 2 weeks to 4 weeks and have lost 3 just seemingly random, like a failed to thrive issue. They've been on medicated feed this whole time and today, after finding 1 dead I also see 3 bloody poops. I've been raising chicks and chickens for 5 yrs and have never seen this before. I've seem the intestinal lining poop before and too many Strawberry poops but never watery bright red poop like this so it's making me suspect Cocci. Ive been pouring over the pages here about it looking at the corid and ran and got some. The posts saying 1/2 tsp to 2 tsp per gallon has been mind spinning so I opted for a 1 1/2 tsp gallon based on the most advice I have seen. All the posts are older, van anyone help me more with some thoughts? I also have a 3 week old gosling in the mix with two 4 week old silkies that do not brood together but I've brought them all out for some sun and grass together. Should I treat those 3 also, one being a baby goose? Thank you for any help. I'm do upset right now.

Sorry you are having issues.

"The 9.6% Corid liquid dose I use is 10ml (2 teaspoons) per gallon for 5 days, then 2.5ml (1/2 teaspoon) per gallon for 7 days. Make fresh daily.

The 20% Corid powder dose I use is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 1/2 teaspoon for 7 days. Make fresh daily.

Medicated water must be their only source of water (no creeks, puddles ponds, etc.)"

Don't delay treatment, start as soon as possible. You can also make a drench with the corid to give to an individual bird if it's very sick.
If you have liquid corid, just use a drop or two straight (the dose using the 9.6% liquid is 0.02 ml per 100 grams bird weight (one drop = ~0.02 ml). For the powder you mix 1/2 tsp of powder in 10 ml of water. Dose the bird 0.07 ml of that mixture per 100 grams of weight of the bird, once a day for up to three days. The drench is used in addition to the treatment above, if neccessary.

After treatment follow up with vitamins and probiotics in the water for a few days. No vitamins until treatment is complete.

The medicated feed can help prevent an outbreak, but is low dose, once an outbreak occurs you have to treat. Also, there is a coccidiosis vaccine, and if the chicks were vaccinated, then the medicated feed nullifies the vaccine.

I don't have ducks so cannot speak from experience, but searching came up with this link....http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/page7.htm
Near the end says that ducks can be treated with corid. I have also read the opposite, so you may want to research that more. Over all corid is pretty safe. It's not an antibiotic, it's a thiamine blocker.
Sorry I'm not better informed on ducks/geese. You could also post that question in the 'ducks' forum here.

The silkies should be fine with Corid. If it were me, I'd probably treat all, rather than take a chance, but that's me. Otherwise, I'd keep them very separate until treatment is over and all is well, and keep a close eye for any signs of illness if you don't treat all. Since you've never had cocci issues before, it's possible that one of the chicks brought it in. When you integrate them into your main flock you should watch for signs of illness in your other birds also, in case they've never been exposed to whatever strain it is.
Make sure your brooder is as clean as you can keep it and no wet or damp areas. That is the best prevention.
Best of luck.

Thank you coach723. I appreciate all the information. I still have able to find anything for the baby goose yet but I'm definitely treating them asap. Started this morning!

Thank you coach723. I appreciate all the information. I still have able to find anything for the baby goose yet but I'm definitely treating them asap. Started this morning!

Your gosling can have the medicated water, it's perfectly safe for water fowl, however, you should know that chickens get chicken coccidiosis, geese get goose coccidiosis, and ducks get duck coccidiosis, so if coccidiosis is what making your chicks sick, it's unlikely that that your gosling will get sick.

Your gosling can have the medicated water, it's perfectly safe for water fowl, however, you should know that chickens get chicken coccidiosis, geese get goose coccidiosis, and ducks get duck coccidiosis, so if coccidiosis is what making your chicks sick, it's unlikely that that your gosling will get sick.
thank you! That's probably the best news I have heard so far all day!

I'm just curious. But can ducks be dosed with corid?
I have 2 baby duck with 9 chicks. I was just wonder if it was safe for them 2 if a problem occurs with the chicms...

Back
Top Bottom