Dosage for corid 9.6% oral solution

Do not over medicate with Corid. It will cause poor health and feather damage. Corid strips them of certain vitamins/minerals so you should always give vitamins after your treatment with Corid is over. I would treat for 5 to 6 days then wait and see if they are better but I would not medicate for over 7 days unless you still don't have it under control. Make sure you make a fresh batch of medicated water everyday during treatment and make sure to keep the pens fresh and clean. Also, you should not feed them with a medicated feed while they are being treated with Corid because it can be counterproductive. About 5 days worth of Corid will usually do the trick for me but I like to alternate using Corid one time and then Sulmet the next time I have a bout of cocci again because I feel like the cocci builds up a resistance after a while.

Do not over medicate with Corid. It will cause poor health and feather damage.  Corid strips them of certain vitamins/minerals so you should always give vitamins after your treatment with Corid is over.  I would treat for 5 to 6 days then wait and see if they are better but I would not medicate for over 7 days unless you still don't have it under control.  Make sure you make a fresh batch of medicated water everyday during treatment and make sure to keep the pens fresh and clean.  Also, you should not feed them with a medicated feed while they are being treated with Corid because it can be counterproductive.  About 5 days worth of Corid will usually do the trick for me but I like to alternate using Corid one time and then Sulmet the next time I have a bout of cocci again because I feel like the cocci builds up a resistance after a while.

The FDA and the mfg say to treat for 5 days, then reduce dose and treat for 7-14 days.

-Kathy

Hi everyone,
I joined this site awhile back but this is the first time I have posted. I need some advice. I took my sister's flock of year old various breed chickens last spring and they did fine through the summer, fall, and most of this winter. However, it now seems that I have a problem with coccidiosis. I currently have 25 hens and one rooster. What would be the best way to treat them with a 9.6% solution? Liquid or powder? And how much would I need to treat a flock of this size.
Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!

Hi everyone,
I joined this site awhile back but this is the first time I have posted. I need some advice. I took my sister's flock of year old various breed chickens last spring and they did fine through the summer, fall, and most of this winter. However, it now seems that I have a problem with coccidiosis. I currently have 25 hens and one rooster. What would be the best way to treat them with a 9.6% solution? Liquid or powder? And how much would I need to treat a flock of this size. 
Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!

Welcome to BYC! Powder or liquid, either will work, just get whatever you can get quickest. You can also use AmproMed P or Amprol. One small bottle or one package of powder will treat your flock of 26 I think. How many gallons of water do they drink in a day?

They consume probably a gallon and a half from their waterer, but they free range for 4 or 5 hours every day and I'm sure they get some water elsewhere.

Welcome to BYC! Powder or liquid, either will work, just get whatever you can get quickest. You can also use AmproMed P or Amprol. One small bottle or one package of powder will treat your flock of 26 I think. How many gallons of water do they drink in a day?
Thank you
smile.png

I responded to your help in the reply below.....

The medicated water must be their only source of water.
Yes, I've read that. I know their free ranging will have to be on hold til they get through the treatment. So you think a small bottle will be enough? I'm going to have to order some from Amazon since the local stores do not have it in stock.
Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom