Dosage for Corid

JustBabyMargo

Hatch-aholic
Premium Feather Member
Jul 7, 2021
Oregon
Hi! I have been seeing some suspicious droppings lately, so I thought it could be coccidiosis. I have a few questions about the dosage and other things.

First question is what would the dosage be for a mixed age flock? My flock’s ages are- 7years, 3years, 1year, 6months, 5months, and the youngest is 3months. On the polish side I have- 8months, 5months, and one 3month old.

Second question is is it okay to treat for coccidiosis while my hens are all molting?

Thanks in advance for any help!😊

Corid proportions for the drinking water are uniform across all ages and sizes of chickens. But if you decide to use the drench formula, advisable with very sick chickens, you will administer it undiluted at .1ml per pound of body weight once a day for three days in addition to the Corid drinking water. For baby chicks, that might translated into a single drop of undiluted Corid liquid.

Corid liquid proportions are two teaspoons per gallon of water mixed fresh daily.

You can safely treat with Corid anytime, at any age for any level of suspicion of coccidiosis. It's safe as it merely blocks vitamin B-1.

Corid proportions for the drinking water are uniform across all ages and sizes of chickens. But if you decide to use the drench formula, advisable with very sick chickens, you will administer it undiluted at .1ml per pound of body weight once a day for three days in addition to the Corid drinking water. For baby chicks, that might translated into a single drop od undiluted Corid liquid.

Corid liquid proportions are two teaspoons per gallon of water mixed fresh daily.
Okay, thank you.❤️

The Correct Amprolium Dose
Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon

No egg withdrawal.

Liquid 9.6% is 10mL per 1 gallon for severe, 5mL per gal for moderate, 2.5mL per gal for preventative. After 7 days reduce to 2.5mL per gal for another 7 days. Do not have any other water source available.

I usually only make half a gal and change out every other day since my pens consist of only a few bantams each, this way I dont waste corid. If it looks serious every1 in the pen gets 0.1mL/ per pound of bird oral drench for 3 days, I then wait 4 more days and if theres still blood in the stool then I do another 3 days of oral drench.

I am so grateful for this thread. I put out water with a dose of Corid today and then noticed two of my hens are mid-molt!

Glad to hear it is safe to be treating them. I know there is another dewormer that is not to be used on molting chickens, so I was nervous about it.

I am so grateful for this thread. I put out water with a dose of Corid today and then noticed two of my hens are mid-molt!

Glad to hear it is safe to be treating them. I know there is another dewormer that is not to be used on molting chickens, so I was nervous about it.
Welcome To BYC

Is your intent to deworm your hens? If so, then use a dewormer like Valbazen. Dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeat in 10 days.

Corid is a Coccidiostat, it is not an anthelmintic (dewormer) so it will not be effective in treating worms.

Back
Top Bottom