Dosage for Wazine 17

Centrarchid. If your birds ever get tapeworms, you'll be the first one hollering for praziquantel. Wazine has seen its better days just like ivermectin.
Birds that cannot carry the load, get culled, treated properly with what works, fattened up, then swim in the stew pot. I have had birds a few days and have learned that parasites do not get all, resistance can be maintained by proper breeding patterns, and parasite burdens can be managed using cultural methods, not just chemistry.

They do get worms already, they do not always cause harm. With some bird strains, they can and do cause harm very consistently and even death it not treated. Other strains on same ground at same time mixed into same flocks get by with little or no impact. Reason for latter strains to thrive is either because they do not pick up worms, resist colonization by many or simply can carry the load. Which is at play I do not know.

They do get worms already, they do not always cause harm. With some bird strains, they can and do cause harm very consistently and even death it not treated. Other strains on same ground at same time mixed into same flocks get by with little or no impact. Reason for latter strains to thrive is either because they do not pick up worms, resist colonization by many or simply can carry the load. Which is at play I do not know.
Worms ALWAYS cause harm whether you know it or not, one worm is one worm too many. One female roundworm lays thousands of eggs onto your soil each day. Your other birds constantly peck at the soil....guess what they are picking up? Yep worm eggs...effectively starting the worms lifecycle all over again.
Here's a simple explanation to you what worms can do internally:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5747075_life-cycle-internal-parasites-chickens.html

What is OP concerned about? Treatment should be geared for situation in question otherwise your avatar suggest lack of logic that is at play. Mad Dr.

The Op is concerned about roundworms, it would seem, by asking about Wazine for water treatment. Not an effective treatment compared to other wormers on the market, nor is it as broad spectrum as I mentioned to the OP. Praziquantel is not a nasty substance as you claimed. Praziquantel has proven not only effective, but safe at 10, 7.5, 5, or 2.5 mg/kg body wt. for chickens. No clinical reactions either. Vetafarm, which produces Wormout gel I recommended, is a reputable company for avian pharmaceuticals. When choosing a wormer, I would recommend what is not only effective, but safe.

One can see Praziquantel is safe for use:
http://en.engormix.com/MA-poultry-industry/health/articles/anthelmintics-poultry-t1660/165-p0.htm
Also here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2771931

Common on dawg53. Parasites are a part of life. You probably have half a dozen kinds plying your innards right now that are big enough to see under low magnification. Just for fun, pull out an eyelash and look at its base. The little critter you find will not kill you. Part of the logic for pretty coloration in birds is that it enables males to advertise how tuff they are in the face of parasites. Jungle fowl are the birds for which much of that has been studied.

The Op is concerned about roundworms, it would seem, by asking about Wazine for water treatment. Not an effective treatment compared to other wormers on the market, nor is it as broad spectrum as I mentioned to the OP. Praziquantel is not a nasty substance as you claimed. Praziquantel has proven not only effective, but safe at 10, 7.5, 5, or 2.5 mg/kg body wt. for chickens. No clinical reactions either. Vetafarm, which produces Wormout gel I recommended, is a reputable company for avian pharmaceuticals. When choosing a wormer, I would recommend what is not only effective, but safe.

One can see Praziquantel is safe for use:
http://en.engormix.com/MA-poultry-industry/health/articles/anthelmintics-poultry-t1660/165-p0.htm
Also here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2771931
That is an answer that must be answered by OP. Positive ID of parasite needed for that. Then keep in context my concern based on environmental impacts, not just direct risk to birds.

Common on dawg53. Parasites are a part of life. You probably have half a dozen kinds plying your innards right now that are big enough to see under low magnification. Just for fun, pull out an eyelash and look at its base. The little critter you find will not kill you. Part of the logic for pretty coloration in birds is that it enables males to advertise how tuff they are in the face of parasites. Jungle fowl are the birds for which much of that has been studied.
I know about the inactive bug in the eyelash. After coming back from overseas in the military, I can assure I've been tested clean from internal parasites. Can you say that? Guess what the docs give you if you get tapeworms Centrarchid...yep, praziquantel.
if you think you have worms Centrarchid, I'd advise you to get to a doctor and get treated. Some types of worms pass right through internal organs causing EXTREME damage. Same is true about any mammal...including your beloved dogs....you KNOW this!

Back
Top Bottom