Dosage

Chester8

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2024
Have chick couple days old hatched by a friend. She was using rubber band for splaying. Isn’t helping. Have it in a sling. Saw video on YouTube to put in sling 3-4 times a day for an hour. When not in sling I put rubber band back on. Read here give Nutri Drench via Q tip. How often should that be given? Also, had cloth band aid on feet. They are curling. Switching that over to sports wrap. Any other suggestions for supplements?

The chick needs riboflavin which Poultry NutriDrench does not have. Poultry Cell does, and human B complex, PolyVisol without iron baby vitamins, and some other chicken vitamins do have it as well. Poultry Cell and NutriDrench dosage is 2-3 drops daily. Give it with a dropper or syringe. I prefer this method of taping the legs together:

https://www.fresheggsdaily.blog/2012/04/spraddle-leg.html

Could you post a picture of the chickens legs and with the rubber band on? Does the chick stand with the legs far apart? For the curled toes, you can take a piece of tape and place the toes in their natural flat position, and then put another piece of tape on top. Change it in 3 days and note if the toes are not curling under.

The chick needs riboflavin which Poultry NutriDrench does not have. Poultry Cell does, and human B complex, PolyVisol without iron baby vitamins, and some other chicken vitamins do have it as well. Poultry Cell and NutriDrench dosage is 2-3 drops daily. Give it with a dropper or syringe. I prefer this method of taping the legs together:

Could you post a picture of the chickens legs and with the rubber band on? Does the chick stand with the legs far apart? For the curled toes, you can take a piece of tape and place the toes in their natural flat position, and then put another piece of tape on top. Change it in 3 days and note if the toes are not curling under.
Have chick couple days old hatched by a friend. She was using rubber band for splaying. Isn’t helping. Have it in a sling. Saw video on YouTube to put in sling 3-4 times a day for an hour. When not in sling I put rubber band back on. Read here give Nutri Drench via Q tip. How often should that be given? Also, had cloth band aid on feet. They are curling. Switching that over to sports wrap. Any other suggestions for supplements?
Thank you. Your suggestion is stop Nutri drench and start poultry cell and poly visit?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 6
Is is not standing. I have tried to put it in a sling. But it does not attempt to stand.

The right foot looks quite puffy and inflamed, is there's something wrapped around the foot like a hair, band, etc.?

Can you get photos of the leg?

Sometimes when chicks have a hard time walking, they fail to thrive.

The right foot looks quite puffy and inflamed, is there's something wrapped around the foot like a hair, band, etc.?

Can you get photos of the leg?

Sometimes when chicks have a hard time walking, they fail to thrive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 4
I think something is wrong with its hip when I put in a sling it doesn’t try to extend its legs

Back
Top Bottom