Dosing info needed

dreamyj

Songster
8 Years
Aug 1, 2015
Shelby Ohio
My poor silkie rooster has canker. I have meds ordered from Amazon that will arrive tomorrow. I need help with dosing instructions please. Seachem Metronidazole, 5 g(0.18 oz) https://a.co/d/gqRROCD

I assume I mix this powder with water and give orally? How much and how often and how long?
Also it seem there is some kind of lump on his left waddle. I am hoping I don’t have to cut into him to get it out but will try if needed.

Not sure of his weight. He has gotten very thin.

Metronidazole or Aqua Zole dosage for canker is 50 mg per pound of weight daily for 5 to 7 days. For a 5 pound chicken that would be 250 mg. Some also use acidified copper sulfate for treatment and there are other drugs. Is there a bead odor from the beak? Have you seen anything that looks like fowl pox in your flock? Any pictures may be helpful.

Metronidazole or Aqua Zole dosage for canker is 50 mg per pound of weight daily for 5 to 7 days. For a 5 pound chicken that would be 250 mg. Some also use acidified copper sulfate for treatment and there are other drugs. Is there a bead odor from the beak? Have you seen anything that looks like fowl pox in your flock? Any pictures may be helpful.
No fowl pox. Definite bad odor coming from him. I will try to get pics tomorrow. Thank you.

I just gave him some colloidal silver. Medicine is supposed to be delivered today. Hard to tell by the pic but the waddle has rock hard lump.

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpeg
    IMG_1994.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1993.jpeg
    IMG_1993.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom