Dosing water water administration of Newcastle’s vaccination

Anapsid

Chirping
Feb 14, 2017
San Diego
Howdy guys. I’m trying to figure out how to vaccinate 8 chickens from a vial that contains enough doses for 1000 chickens. If I mix it according to the directions would that be too much in their water.

Any advice would be so appreciated.

Howdy guys. I’m trying to figure out how to vaccinate 8 chickens from a vial that contains enough doses for 1000 chickens. If I mix it according to the directions would that be too much in their water.

Can you post a picture of the directions?

Is this what you bought?
Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 8.45.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 8.45.10 PM.png

Would it be easier to do intranasal administration?

Here is the back story: law enforcement busted a cock fighting collection that was also infected with Newcastle’s Disease. It has now made its way south (towards us). The last reported case occurred approximately 100 miles north of us.

If vaccinating my flock would be a good move, I certainly will do it. If it’s going to be pointlessly exposing them to the disease without much efficacy maybe it’s not worth doing it.

Please help guys. I want the best for my birds.

Looks to me like it is a ONE DROP dose.
Would it be easier to do intranasal administration?

Here is the back story: law enforcement busted a cock fighting collection that was also infected with Newcastle’s Disease. It has now made its way south (towards us). The last reported case occurred approximately 100 miles north of us.

If vaccinating my flock would be a good move, I certainly will do it. If it’s going to be pointlessly exposing them to the disease without much efficacy maybe it’s not worth doing it.

Please help guys. I want the best for my birds.
I am not familiar with this vaccine.
Give me a day to research more for you.

I would give the one drop to the eye. Seems the easiest way BUT what I am not sure about is the age and how often this needs to be re-given AND if it prevents the disease or just prevents death.

Meaning they can still get the disease and be carriers and shed the disease with out showing symptoms. :confused:
If that is the case I would NOT use it.
Be back soon with more.

Thanks for the response. I think you are right. It’s one drop in nose or eye. The water method is for people with LOTS of birds.

I poked around the world of google last night. I guess if the vaccine takes and titers are high it’s preventative. If the vaccine takes and titers are low it will provide protection but not immunity.

Vaccine must be repeated every 4 months. I read an article...will look for it later if you want, where an avian vet suggested that vaccination and bio security should be used.

Sadly, in my case it’s hard to really use biosecurity as I have several neighbors with chickens. So, whatever cooties they have just blows right into my yard, coop and run.

Back
Top Bottom