Dot has no beak.

Thank you! You are all very nice and I appreciate the advice. I can't even imagine how her beak was broken off. I googled it and found nothing about chickens losing thier beaks. I asked 2 chicken experts in my area and I just received blank horrified looks. It is horrifying! And they had no prevous experience. I will keep you updated on her progress.

I have read that if they have mites the mites can actually perforate the beak and cause it to fall off. I had an uncle who's blue and gold maccaw lost its whole beak one day and it did grow back. As I recall it grew back rather quickly. Hope she does well!

Yikes. Mites. I have always considered them and looked for any signs. I haven't seen any signs of mites. But I will run out in the morning and check again.

I apologize in advance if this seems like I'm making fun of the poor thing. But it almost looks like it *does* have lips in the picture.

Hope that beak grows back! Poor thing.

hehe well they do actually fit parrots with fake beaks sometimes. But I doubt I'd worry with that for a chicken that's doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom