Doublewide Dwellers?

We have a 2001 Palm Harbor 27 x 66 on one acre.
We had it pit set to look more like a stick home. I was opposed to living in a "trailer" when my hubby first suggested a manufactured home. But they are so well made, so energy efficient and my kitchen is to dream of. We got the show model with lots of upgrades for a discount and we couldn't be happier.
You can totally tell it is a manufactured home, but it looks nicer not being way up high.
18_carverpark_and_beyond_021.jpg

This is the back. Pardon the clutter. We were doing yardwork. The addition on the right is the garage
18_7-25-06_008.jpg

This is part of the front yard.
18_carverpark_and_beyond_020.jpg

This is the wisteria arbor, where I like to relax after work.

18_7-25-06_025.jpg

We have an 1800 sq/ft doublewide on a little over 3 acres. 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with a giant kitchen and a giant living room with sitting area and a very nice dining room.

Here's a video I took when I first saw the place, DH didn't want to go with me so I took pics and video. The house sits on a cleared acre surrounded by 2 wooded acres. In the summer you can't see anything but trees and sky.

In the video you can see the fenced in area that is now the chicken yard.

Joshua006.jpg

We also have a great fireplace:
DSC01043.jpg

I took these the first time I looked at the property:

The driveway:
Joshua001.jpg

Still going down the driveway:
Joshua005.jpg

Finally get to the house:
Joshua008.jpg

And the street from half way down the driveway:
Joshua009.jpg

Last edited:
Southern28Chick- Your place is beautiful! I love your driveway, that is what I hope to aim for when I purchase my own house. I definitely do not want something right on the street.

I live in one, too - on two and a half acres. I'm from California originally, where there are very few manufactured homes around. Here in NC, they're everywhere. I think they're great, very comfy and not outrageously priced!

Quote:
And despite what everyone thinks they are not cheaply built. Our house is greatly insulated and saves us money on electric and propane.

Quote:
Thanks. I love our driveway. We have cats out in the yard and they never go out as far as the road so I love that.

Southern26Chick said
And despite what everyone thinks they are not cheaply built. Our house is greatly insulated and saves us money on electric and propane.

I totally agree, we paid more for energy bills in California.​

Quote:
I totally agree, we paid more for energy bills in California.

I pay about $78 a month in electricity and $350 every 2 months in propane. I love my doublewide.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I love my deck. It has gates on it so I can keep the cat food on the deck without the dog getting up there and eating it all.

I would never have guessed that your house was manufactured. It's very nice.

Back
Top Bottom