Doublewide Dwellers?

I was feeling left out and loved looking at everyones homes, so even though I am a stick built, I wanna share too!

Our house was built in 1728--by Samuel Roberts. We know the history of a lot of it. It was made into a two fmaily-split down the middle--at some point. we opened it back up into a one family--well we have a tiny apartment in the back our niece rents.

Here is a side view, its a saltbox...
sept420050005.jpg

The inside has the original beams in some parts.
dec29200607.jpg

The brick is later, obviously, but we have flagstone fire "corners" here and there.
dec29200645.jpg

We redid the kitchen
dec29200606.jpg

Thanks for sharing and thanks for letting me share!!!! Oh! You can boycott me too since I went off thread!!!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Last edited:
What is a Manufactured Home?

The term "manufactured home" specifically refers to a home built entirely in a protected environment under a federal code set by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Manufactured homes are NOT mobile homes. The term "mobile home" describes factory-built homes produced prior to the 1976 HUD Code enactment.
The HUD code requires each manufactured home to meet the following requirements:

* Built as a one, two or three section home in a protected building center, transported to the home site on a frame and installed.
* Meets the strict HUD code restrictions for design and construction, durability and strength, fire resistance, transportability, energy efficiency and quality.
* Built on steel beams with wheels under each section.
* Meets the high standards for heating, plumbing, air conditioning and thermal and electrical systems performance.
* Passes stringent third party inspections.

What is a Modular Home?

Modular homes are the fastest-growing segment of the home building industry. A modular home is simply a home built to local building codes in a controlled, environmentally protected building center using precise and efficient construction technology. A modular home is built to the same codes as a site built home. And because they must be transported to the home site, modular homes are much stronger than site built homes.

New "trailers" arent like the old 60's style tin can type. I checked out a bunch of new ones before we bought this place. I wanted the one just for the kitchen OMG it was nice, best way i can describe it was tuscan with stainless appliances, looked like an italian restaurant. kinda like this but better
Malibu%20Kitchen.JPG

This thread was cleaned up by Speckled Hen and me.

Apologies to countrygirl4513 for the unpleasantness.
Please play nice on the forum and stay out of each other's threads. (You know who I am talking to.)

Back to business. Thanks.
smile.png

Quote:
Quite alright although I don't have a clue as to what needed the bath. Glad you are there to help, Mods! Evidently you are doing a great job, since I don't know what happened.

Most lenders will lend on a U.B.C. modular home.But not on a Hud home. Just went thru this with my insurance replacing mine. Mine doesn't have any metal beams under it. Actually it is built stronger then a stick built because it does have to be transported and lifted into place.It has 2x6 walls and 2x10 floor and ceilings joists. Triple wall headers over doors and windows. I know,I'm getting in to deep. sorry! Heres my house being lifted.
[URL]http://i234.photobucket[/URL]
[IMG][URL]http://i234.photobucket[/URL]

classism sux.
manufactured homes are just that - HOMES!!!

i think the pics that everyone has posted are really lovely.
i LOVE the idea of saving money, of having money in the bank AND getting to live in a NICE manufactured home on a large piece of land. in fact, ya'll have inspired me to do a bit of research about this since we are looking for a new home right now anyway.

so don't let the dum dums get you down.
be PROUD you have a nice home!
yippiechickie.gif

I would so live on land with a manufactured home, rather than on a .14 acre plot with a tiny house near a city. In addition, living in a small place that is paid off is a billion times better than slowly trying to pay off a million dollar home near the city for the next 60 years of your life.

Back
Top Bottom