Dougie has hurt herself again!

Dougie is very accident prone / clumsy! O_O

The meloxicam should be fine. I hope she feels better soon!
I went ahead and gave her a dose, she should feel some relief soon! Im going out now, but she can have some water therapy when I get back.
I have had to crate her, again, after all- as she was continuing to do very silly things (literally tried to fly onto the duck house, something she sometimes does) and has made her sprain much worse (ended up trying to move around on her wings again.) But I still feel confident in treating from home this time, it took about a week for her to recover last time.

I just need to protect her from herself.

Aylesbury mix yeah!
I don't think they're evenly mixed, as Sprightly has always been more chunky like a pekin, while Dougie is thinner, and a little differently shaped.
I actually initially thought Dougie was simply underweight, despite her huge appetite, but I asked about it at the vets and she wasnt concerned.

You have Aylesbury, right? ❤️
I have runners...maybe their slender body type lends them to being more graceful.
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe its cause of their size. My pekins are always finding something to trip on and falling out of the pool and occasionally have a limp for a couple days. Very rarely do any of my other ducks have any kinds of issues like that.

I actually initially thought Dougie was simply underweight, despite her huge appetite, but I asked about it at the vets and she wasnt concerned.
Feeling how much flesh that's on either side of her keel bone should tell you.
Screenshot_20221012-073340_Chrome.jpg

Feeling how much flesh that's on either side of her keel bone should tell you. View attachment 3288552
I've seen this chart before, I'd say skinny is most accurate, always has been, but I monitor what she eats and she eats plenty, they have food available all day. So its a bit odd. The vet kinda agreed she felt a little thin but she wasn't worried about it, so Im not sure what the reason is!

Do you think it could be their feed? It's 19% protein I think. But Sprightly feels ideal.

I've seen this chart before, I'd say skinny is most accurate, always has been, but I monitor what she eats and she eats plenty, they have food available all day. So its a bit odd. The vet kinda agreed she felt a little thin but she wasn't worried about it, so Im not sure what the reason is!

Do you think it could be their feed? It's 19% protein I think. But Sprightly feels ideal.
That's interesting. 🤔 Only other thing negative I'm thinking that would cause that would be worms.
She could just have a faster metabolism. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom