Dr. Z. saved my girl!

Quote:
THANK YOU!!
thumbsup.gif

Just be careful not to give her too much scratch--seems when their systems are depleted, crop issues come up and scratch would make that worse, IMO. I have so many hens get crop issues when they are in full molt that I severely limit their scratch. Also, she needs protein to heal and scratch is too low in protein. I'd add protein like scrambled eggs and fish--mine get canned salmon or mackerel on occasion.

Coco is eating!
wee.gif
I've been putting in dishes of everything under the sun that I think will tempt her. This morning she ate a little quinoa then tonight I tried to get some water and pedialyte into her. I did get a little in but most of it ended up on her chest. But that's o.k.! Tonight I decided to try some parrot mash that I make up and she really seemed to like that and some pellets because she was scratching around in the shavings. So I took that to be a good sign. I decided to not give her scratch just yet. I do believe she is on the mend!
fl.gif
thanks everyone!
love.gif

Just got back from Coco's follow up visit with Dr. Z. and she is definitely ON THE MEND!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
(sorry i get carried away but I'm just so darn happy!) The stitches came out, or rather the stitch (one had already made it's way out) and Dr. Z. was very pleased with Coco's progress and said that she looked very, very good! Thank you Dr. Z. and Bolton Veterinary Clinic! If anyone out there with chooks lives in the Bolton, CT area, I just can't recommend them enough!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom