Drake lost his mate

Craigslist and maybe waterfowl rescue if you have any close by.
What state are you in?
I’m in Southern California. Palm Springs area.
I’m going to check with my feed store. I’ve asked my friends in rescue to keep their eyes open.
I rescued these two from being dumped at our local park. You know, COVID puppies, COVID ducklings. Thank you for your suggestions. .

I know other people have said this, but yes get him a female, or even just a male friend but females are best. I raise rouens as well. I also have a cayuga in my flock, so yes any big duck like a pekin, cayuga, silver appleyards, blue/black Swedish and more are all about the same size as rouens. Best of luck finding your duck a friend, they do get sad but with a friend they’ll be a lot happier 👍

Try posting on the southern California thread and see if anyone has some ducks.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/california-southern.161/
Thank you!
Any breed except Bantam would be fine. A bantam duck would be way too small for a Rouen drake. The new female should be at least laying age which is around 5 months.

Very sorry for your loss.
Miss Lydia, I think I found a Rouen female. She’s beautiful but she’s 3 years old. He’s not even 1. Does that matter at all?

I know other people have said this, but yes get him a female, or even just a male friend but females are best. I raise rouens as well. I also have a cayuga in my flock, so yes any big duck like a pekin, cayuga, silver appleyards, blue/black Swedish and more are all about the same size as rouens. Best of luck finding your duck a friend, they do get sad but with a friend they’ll be a lot happier 👍
That is great you found one. A 3 year old will be perfect for him. You just don't want one younger than him.
I’m picking her up on Thursday. I’m excited. Her name is Luna. 💕

Back
Top Bottom