Drake lost his mate

I know other people have said this, but yes get him a female, or even just a male friend but females are best. I raise rouens as well. I also have a cayuga in my flock, so yes any big duck like a pekin, cayuga, silver appleyards, blue/black Swedish and more are all about the same size as rouens. Best of luck finding your duck a friend, they do get sad but with a friend they’ll be a lot happier 👍
That is great you found one. A 3 year old will be perfect for him. You just don't want one younger than him.
I’m picking her up on Thursday. I’m excited. Her name is Luna. 💕

Thank you. I’m having trouble finding a female Rouen close in age. Should it be a Rouen or can it be a different female? Obviously not a duckling but what age?
Definitely keep looking and try to find him a mate as quickly as possible. Ducks can actually grieve and become very very lonely. I don’t think you need a Rouen just any breed that isn’t too much smaller. Anything with adult feathers. Probably 4 months old or older

You have all been so supportive and helpful. I’m happy to report she is settling in very nicely and he is one very happy boy. :love
13467360-219C-4E8A-94D2-95F55B4489FC.jpeg

I know other people have said this, but yes get him a female, or even just a male friend but females are best. I raise rouens as well. I also have a cayuga in my flock, so yes any big duck like a pekin, cayuga, silver appleyards, blue/black Swedish and more are all about the same size as rouens. Best of luck finding your duck a friend, they do get sad but with a friend they’ll be a lot happier 👍

Back
Top Bottom