Drakes & Feed

WalkerH

Songster
8 Years
Apr 5, 2011
Southern Maryland, USA
So I have two pekin drakes. Just cute lawn ornaments. I will probably get some ducks come this spring, but not as of yet. My question is, do they eat less then the females, as they aren't producing eggs. And if so how much should I feed them. I give them probably about a fifth of a gallon jug, whatever that is. They don't finish it off, but I know the chickens go back even though they have 24/7 feeding. They all free range and I would like to believe they have the chance to find lots of stuff. We have them now in the garden that we began to use, but then got too caught up in other stuff. I have noticed they spend most of their time in there, as I believe there is a lot of bugs and critters. How much feed should I be giving them? And how much does it increase to during the winter?

i feed my 2 drakes and 3 hens 2 1/2 lbs in the morning. they never finish it all. i have 1 male rouen 1 female rouen1 male khaki campbell and 2 female khaki campbells. mine dont free range (yet) they are full grown, and all three girls are laying. my rouen lays aHUGE! blue egg every morning. and 1 of the khakis lays a egg every morning that is just a bit smaller then the rouens. and the other khaki lays 1 egg every 2 days (i think she going into a molt?)

i hope this helps!!!

So like 2 and a half lbs divided by five and just take two serving from that. I mean they don't look not healthy. Their bills and feet are bright orange and they are cleared eyed. So they aren't being deprived. I just don't want there to be any wasted and want to be sure they are getting all they need this winter.

Back
Top Bottom