Pics
Zebra finches. I had some before, and loved hearing their chatter all day long. (When I wanted them to be quiet, I put a cover over their cage.) They hatched babies, and I traded those to a local pet store for feed and such. Self-supporting hobby!
Koi pond. I'd love to do some serious landscaping and permaculture here, but probably not gonna happen. I love watching and feeding fish, but hate cleaning aquariums.
I used to breed Zebra finches, and yes, I loved their little sounds, too!
Not so much the 40 or so lovebirds in my bedroom, at the crack of dawn.

A koi pond would really be nice, too! But not with all the raccoons around here. :(

I also had 10+ aquariums, of various sizes, going at once. Humidity in the house was horrid in the summer but helped in the winter, lol! But yeah, the cleaning was a pain.

If we’re talking any animal, I’d love guinea pigs, gerbils, and/or rats eventually. And snakes, geckos, and a bearded dragon. Any reptile really. Also would love more parakeets (have two atm) and a cockatiel or two. I actually really love the aviary idea and want to do that one day. I would fill it with parakeets and cockatiels. Maybe linnies as well. And there are way too many dog breeds I want. Oh and I want a fish pond too. An aviary and a fish pond would be my dream 😍

My very unrealistic dream animal
1664287850397.png

I used to breed Zebra finches, and yes, I loved their little sounds, too!
Not so much the 40 or so lovebirds in my bedroom, at the crack of dawn.

A koi pond would really be nice, too! But not with all the raccoons around here. :(

I also had 10+ aquariums, of various sizes, going at once. Humidity in the house was horrid in the summer but helped in the winter, lol! But yeah, the cleaning was a pain.
Wow you had a lot of birds and tanks! I can’t imagine 40 birds lol my two little parakeets are already quite loud when they want to be 😂

I think I've experimented enough with owning various different kinds of animals that I'm at the point where my 'dream animals' are all just obscure chicken breeds or rare varieties of more known breeds. Everything else just sounds like a lot of work to keep. 🤭 I certainly have the space for a lot here, but I'm pretty happy with just my cat and my chickens. :love

I think I've experimented enough with owning various different kinds of animals that I'm at the point where my 'dream animals' are all just obscure chicken breeds or rare varieties of more known breeds. Everything else just sounds like a lot of work to keep. 🤭 I certainly have the space for a lot here, but I'm pretty happy with just my cat and my chickens. :love
I totally understand that! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom