Dremel Multi-Max...a sweet little power tool

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by elmo, Aug 23, 2010.

1. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    I made another exception to my "no power tool" rule, and bought this last weekend:

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pages/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=Multi-Max

I used the sanding attachment to prep some recycled wood sash windows for painting. Then I used the cutting attachment to plane off the edges of a whitewood board that I want to use as a roost. I used the sanding attachment again to smooth everything down. Niiiice.

You can use the cutting attachment for plunge cuts, which should come in handy if you need to add vents, or cut interior panels for covering up insulation.

Of course you still need to be careful not to cut off your fingers, but somehow a small tool like this doesn't terrify me the way a circular saw does.

2. animalover

animalover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA
    I was thinking of getting the cheapo version that Harbor Freight has for 39.99. I'm sure it would come in handy.

3. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I have one of those Dremel's. My DH bought it for me for my birthday. I'm always building something.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My Dremel is my baby! [​IMG] Also a birthday gift [​IMG] I love ALL power tools, and have my own collection DH is 'not allowed to touch.' [​IMG]

5. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    Dremels rock. I bought one for my husband for Christmas. He was skeptical. He didn't use it for months. Now? It's his go to tool. Thank you. Thank you very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by